Today's Watchtower Study is SO dumb!!!

by TimothyT 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I had to chuckle at paragraphs 11 and 12 (p. 26 of the 7/15/2011 WT) where they used the word 'generation' 5 times in the space of just a few sentences, each time using it in the conventional way "...that generation gradually died out and was replaced by a generation that 'did not know Jehovah...etc'". No mention of there being an overlapping generation. It is astonishing that the typical witness reads this and doesn't see the contradiction.

• irondork
    irondork

TimothyT: I tell you now, i dont know why i keep reading this trash, but it just enrages me more and more.

Had to LOL when I read this part.

When I was fading and even after I disassociated, I was determined to maintain some sort of spiritual feeding program for myself so I kept up with the daily text, in addition to my bible readying and prayer. But I was finding myself disgusted more and more with the EXAMINING THE SCRIPTURES DAILY because of the number of times the governing body used that publication to worship and praise itself. So many times I began reading the text and then clicked it off because the FDS was extolling it's own virtues and prominence in the outworking of Jehovah's universal plan for all creation.

Gag me with a full place setting!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    What? "brown nosing role play", "Super Bowl trophies" and "original pieces of artwork litter"? YOU are a despicable fool and mentally diseased Apostate!

Some people just don't know talent when they see it.

-Sab

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Assert, assert, re-assert, then assert some more.

“A lie told often enough becomes the truth.” – Vladimir Lenin (1870 - 1924)

Or if you prefer: Lather, Rinse, Repeat

• 00DAD
    00DAD

The "purpose" unfolds just like the Watchtower magazine: one confusing, contradicting, flip-flopping, heart-breaking, postponing page at a time.

But Trust Us, we're "God's Organization". How can you be sure? Because we're telling you! Trust us.

Wanna' buy a watch-tower?

Of course it's real. I GUARANTEE IT! Would I lie to you?

• Open mind
    Open mind

The whole concept of an omnipotent God taking a "rest" seems pretty dumb to me.

But, OK, say I buy into that. So how am I supposed to "enter into his rest"?

By working my a$$ off!!

*shaking head, resuming my Sunday brunch*

om

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

it made me want to rip up the magazine and throw it in the bin.

So, what are you waiting for? "Just do it!"

• St George of England
    St George of England
    it made me want to rip up the magazine and throw it in the bin. I tell you now, i dont know why i keep reading this trash

No, don't destroy it! You need it for next week's thrilling instalment on DISFELLOWSHIPPING.

George

• erbie
    erbie

I don't get to study the Watchtower anymore.

You guys seem to be having so much fun it almost makes me wish I were there to join in!

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Shameless plug, but on-topic:

Do Christians Have Human Leaders?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit