Have you noticed that the Watchtower is not emphasizing how close the end is as much?

by stuckinamovement 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Or in the words of Inigo Montoya, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The entire "toes" talk and "new (if recycled 1978 doctrine can be considered new) light" at the district convention was about how imminent and soon the end is.

They're all about how urgent and soon it all is. Every earthquake. Every hurricane. Every war. Every tornado. Every cry of peace. Every cry of war. Every time they hear or see news, it is "proof" that the end is soon.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

It's hard for me to go to the meetings because that's all that I hear from the platform. They say more than ever how close we are to the end. I am wondering if anyone actually believes the BS. Then I look around and see how 60% of the KH has been in the org. for less than 10 years, so this is all new to them. I was baptized in the early 1980's so it's really painful for me to listen to. Kinda like a 10 YO who has to hear his parents talk about the Tooth Fairy and Santa to his 4 YO sibling. (Hey KID, they are lying to YOU!!!!!)

• lostandconfused
    lostandconfused

I find that the talk about the end is a lot more than it was 10 years ago...but now that you mention it my Mom did contact me back in 09 and said it was urgent I come back to the truth, the end is so close, there is new light!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit