Dec 15th WT: "Be like Solomon and don't go to university / don't be like Solomon and join a sports team!"

by cedars 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 00DAD
    00DAD

CEDARS: "I just don't get it though - what is it about sports?!!"

Probably one of the GB members was the geeky kid that never got picked to play ball!

"If I can't play, no one can!!!"

That's why the prohibit oral sex. They're not getting any of that either!

• simon17
    simon17

"extracurricular, masturbation, fornication....I knew they were very bad - never had a clue what any of it was."

Thats funny, same here. I wish I had urbandictionary.com when I was growing up because it was such a source of guilt to think I was doing some of this stuff, which I didn't even understand and didn't even really know if i was doing it or not. Crazy, crazy crazy

• metatron
    metatron

What really happens to young Jehovah's Witnesses:

Over a period of time, they are restricted and forbidden from doing so much and given such little support, that it finally happens - they simply roll their eyes after having given up in their hearts and minds on this ceaselessly discouraging cult. How do I know? Because I watched this in my own family as the Organization simply lost all credibility in their young minds. It became casually dismissed.

Look, you lurkers. Being young means being charged up with health, hormones and energy. And yet, they are endlessly told 'no masturbation, no afterschool sports, no college, no dating until you can married, and a long list of other demands.

This sick, mind numbing, cheapa$$, coldhearted, family injuring, depressing cult is losing its young people. It deserves to.

metatron

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Fuck these people and their anti-education rhetoric. Bunch of assholes.

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Metatron:

Look, you lurkers. Being young means being charged up with health, hormones and energy. And yet, they are endlessly told 'no masturbation, no afterschool sports, no college, no dating until you can married, and a long list of other demands.

WOW! Ticking time bombs. Never thought of it that way.

• dogon
    dogon

Same old shit, different youth taken advantage of. I guess shoveling potatos and giving to the borg on credit card is a great way to live. These fucking idiots should be lined against a wall and shot.

• cedars
    cedars

I just think it's sad that the Society insists on micro-managing even such a seemingly innocuos part of a young person's life as the question of whether or not they choose to join a school sports team. That, to me, would surely fall under "matters of conscience", and yet in this article it is spoken of in the same breath as tax evasion, telling lies and becoming unevenly yoked. It just sickens me to think that the Governing Body even WANT to have that much control over young people. Have they no more serious issues to be worrying about in the worldwide brotherhood than whether young ones are playing basketball for their school teams?!! What goes on in the minds of these people?!

• blondie
    blondie

Be like Solomon and have 300 wives and 700 concubines; build the Pharaoh's daughter her own palace and worship false gods. Solomon would have had private tutors and remember he had God's wisdom....not that it did him much good eventually.

• Intel
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

May I point out that we don't know whether Jesus and the apostles played athletic games? The Bible doesn't say so one way or the other. In the absence of a direct prohibition from Jesus, it is likely they did. He danced at the wedding in Cana. I observed a lot of Jewish activity in NY. The Hasidim brought their children from far in Brooklyn to Central Park for recreation.

Playing sports teaches group skills and honors bodies. Why would any God forbid them? Let us face it clearly: it has nothing to do with cited activities and everything to do with every second being spent in fruitless door to door work. It seems they do everything they can to push away young men. -and young women. But mean are in short supply. God gave us these abilities to use them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit