Field Service time wasters

by xelder 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• xelder
    xelder

Last Saturday morning, I ran to the hardware store. A former CO (retired in a circuit provided house) was in the hardware store. I stopped at Starbucks....more JW's. I got gas at the Chevron and looked inside the McDonald's and saw 4 elders having coffee.

It's the typical act I remember. Meet at 9:30 am, text and chat, out the door around 10:15. Do a Charlie call, coffee or errands at 11:00. Home at noon.

I really admire their whole-souled service to their God. In the business world, we would fire them.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I don't know, that sounds like a typical day at Microsoft. LOL

• james_woods
    james_woods

Isn't it kind of an oxymoron to say they were "wasting time" while supposedly on an activity which itself is a waste of time?

Who can honestly say that shopping in the hardware store or having a nice coffee is more a waste of time than the idiotic actual field service?

But yes, I see the hypocrisy on the part of JWs who claim they are in service and are actually doing anything but that.

• xelder
    xelder

you are right James

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Don't forget, the book they study now said a few weeks back that the angels are directing the work!

Those angels are just trying to keep the economy going.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I see the JW's engaged in early morning street work all the time. It's 7:10am and they are walking in a group of 3 or 4 on a street where virtually nobody is walking, certainly not a crowd that needs 3 or 4 people to engage them in conversation. They walk as slow as people can possibly walk to still describe it as a "walk" instead of standing still.

I have seen them on a bench enjoying their personal conversation with the people going past several feet away.

I do kind of wish WTS would crack down on them "enjoying" recruiting and counting time in such fashion. I mean, if they really hated the way they had to do it, maybe they wouldn't do it.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Nugget commented the other day that since we have been DF'd we NEVER see witnesses in our area. Not even during the leaflet campaigns.

• looloo
    looloo

i saw them last week wandering as slow as possible outside my house (im a do not call that for once they respected ) one women with a disturbed look on her face as she passed my house looked so miserable and fed up . they dont want anyone to answer the door but just be seen to be doing what is expected of them !

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

A few months ago I saw three jws sitting on a park bench holding wts and awakes up in the air, chatting to each other. When we walked by we didn't even get a hi or hello. What was the point of sitting on the bench like that other than to waste time? My husband thought all three of the jw men looked terribly silly.

• Shador
    Shador

Yep. The "breaks" can sometimes make most of the morning. The Special Pioneerâ„¢ and several others in our hall often do a good bit of their grocery shopping when we "break" at one of the grocery stores in town. I'm often with people who have "calls" that can last upwards of an hour (mostly shooting the shit, with a little study thrown in). Meantime, those left in the car pull out the cell phones and start playing bubble breaker or some such. I'm getting quite good at Bejeweled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit