Victoria, Australia: All five cases made it through the court. Nothing thrown out!

by AndersonsInfo 44 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• flipper
    flipper

SABASTIOUS- They didn't verbally mention the 11 elders convicted of child molestation in the hundred years history, but if you check the WT website perhaps you will find the written media statement which says it. Or someone else may post that info if they have it available. I can't find it at the moment. But it did state the number 11

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

I think I must be very ignorant of the law, very n aïve and shamefully uninformed... but if Steven Unthank is doing this in Australia... what is being done in Canada? Are there not enough of us to stop talking and start DOING something?

I guess none of us really know what to do or else we just kind of figure that 'someone else who knows about that is already doing something'.

If someone in Canada IS doing something OR if you WANT to do something can we connect?

So far, I have contacted Child and Protective Services to inquire what the laws are. I have children who are in the line of fire. Am I the only one?

I think, at the very least, anyone who is allowed to go door-to-door should be obligated to get a criminal and child abuse registry check.

Thoughts?

• sabastious
    sabastious

Thanks flip!

-Sab

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

This is happening in Australia because there is a valid law requiring reporting and whatever. I am betraying my American ignorance but isn't Canada a federation of provinces, similar to the United States? Considering where Canda is located, Americans should know the answer to that question. If there is no law similar to that in Australia, the next move would seem to draw public attention to the example of Australia, a commonwealth state. I suspect local politicians would like to sponsor the law.

What is unclear to me is if an exemption for religions on free exercise grounds was intended or not. Constitutioanl conerns can trump a law. It is interesting to note that American law review authors constantly turn to Great Britain and Europe for examples of how other countries apply religious/ state concepts. Canada, our closet neighbor, should provide examples, too.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Band on the Run...

Agreed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit