Victoria, Australia: All five cases made it through the court. Nothing thrown out!

by AndersonsInfo 44 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

The XJW in Australia with whom I am dealing with was in the Magistrates' Court for the hearing. He will prepare a brief summary of what happened, how the players behaved, opinions, character observations, and any legal notes that might be interesting. It won't be immediate, but should be by the weekend. Please be assured that I'll post whatever information is sent me. I'm just as anxious as you are to have details of the events of yesterday.

So, where are these cases in the stream of time?

The result of today's court hearings are as follows:

All 5 cases are still in the court system.

Nothing thrown out.

Two hurdles down. One - getting the charges filed. Two - getting past the first court hearing with all cases intact.

CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

No appearance and no legal representation.

On the suggestion of the Office of Public Prosecutions, Mr Steven Unthank made application to the Magistrate that the case be transferred to the summary stream and listed as a summary mention on 11 October 2011.

Next Court hearing date: 11 October 2011

GOVERNING BODY OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

On the suggestion of the Office of Public Prosecutions, Mr Steven Unthank made application to the Magistrate that the case be transferred to the summary stream and listed as a summary mention on 11 October 2011.
    Court hearing date: 11 October 2011

FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE

WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF AUSTRALIA

Legal Counsel present in court.

Following a request by Mr Steven Unthank, the Magistrate ordered that the case be transferred to the summary stream and listed as a summary mention on 11 October 2011.

WATCH TOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF PENNSYLVANIA, INC.

No Legal Representation.

NOTES: A Summary Mention is an administrative hearing of the case to allow the magistrate to follow the progress of the proceeding. The accused is also given the opportunity to plead guilty at this hearing.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

WOOHOO!!!!!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I wonder who the 'toole' was that represented The Watchtower bible and tract society of australia?

as for the no shows...typical contempt WT style, although i guess the faithful slave can't very well appear, all 11,000 or so but they could have sent one i am sure!

oz

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Thanks for the update, Barbara.

It's good news that the cases will be proceeding.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I appreciate this Barbara thanks for letting us know.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BARBARA A: I am not surprised that the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" didn't make an appearance! That would be like my imaginary friend making an appearance! Nothing like the stark light of reality being shined on this religion. I hope they get the book thrown at them!

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Aussie Oz: I think the name is Vincent Toole. He is part of the Watchtower B&TS of Australia's legal team.

Barb

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I stand corrected. I thought they would show up. The WTS of America are complete cowards, and are likely doing the "We are not subject to Australia/Victoria jurisdiction" argument. I wonder if the WTS of America entities have "significant (enough) contacts" (or legal 'Nexus') with Australia to come under the purvue of the courts. But, even in the US, a company can appear to say, "We object to jurisdiction (i.e. this court has no say over us)." So, becuase the WTS didn't even do that, they appear like guilty cowards to me. Just saying. Glad the case continues on.

Barbara, I wish you would have begun the title with "Big News..." or "Hear ye, hear ye"

Skeeter

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Perhaps some of the anointed should be encouraged to show up. Not the mentally unbalanced ones of course, only the completely sane ones. ;)

• sizemik
    sizemik
    He will prepare a brief summary of what happened, how the players behaved, opinions, character observations, and any legal notes that might be interesting.

Tremendous Barbara! . . . thanks a lot for establishing an eye on the inside and sharing it with us.

I'll eagerly look forward to reading this summary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit