Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 09-11-2011 WT Study (CLEAR WARNINGS)

by blondie 46 Replies latest jw friends

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

This is probably the most ironic article they have ever written.

I just love the condescending stupid questions they ask.

"Imagine that a friend

warned you that an evil man had deliberately

changed a sign in order to cause harm to

unwary travelers. Would you not heed the

warning?"

It's like asking "Imagine if a friend warned you that sulfuric acid was deadly to drink. Would you drink it?"

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Great job this week. I think all of us should write a letter to their congregations and declare them all disfellowship from us becasue of apostate teachings. I wonder what kind of effect that would have on all the congregations in the world if they all received a letter like that. Totally ADD

• Mary
    Mary
    Picture yourself on a journey in an arid land. You spot a well in the distance and head for it, hoping to get some water to quench your thirst. Upon arriving, however, you see that the well is dry. How disappointed you are! False teachers are like dried-up wells.

Pot, meet kettle:

"...we don't have to guess what the year 1975 means if we read the Watchtower. ...And don't wait 'till 1975. The door is going to be shut before then....As one brother put it, "Stay alive to Seventy-Five..."---- Wisconsin Sheboygan District Overseer Brother Charles Sunutko 1967 .

"Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end."----Kingdom Ministry May 1974 p.3

"...It may be that some who have been serving God have planned their lives according to a mistaken view of just what was to happen on a certain date or in a certain year. They may have, for this reason, put off or neglected things that they otherwise would have cared for. But they have missed the point of the Bible's warnings concerning the end of this system of things, thinking that Bible chronology reveals the specific date.....Did Jesus mean that we should adjust our financial and secular affairs so that our resources would just carry us to a certain date that we might think marks the end? If our house is suffering serious deterioration, should we let it go, on the assumption that we would need it only a few months longer? Or, if someone in the family possibly needs special medical care, should we say, ‘Well, we'll put it off because the time is so near for this system of things to go'? This is not the kind of thinking that Jesus advised."-----Watchtower July 15, 1976 p. 440 par. 11

To elders of the Ephesus congregation, Paul said: "From among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things."

Yes, and every single religion can claim the exact same thing. Jesus would have been viewed as an "apostate" by the Scribes and Pharisees. The Anglican Church was viewed as 'apostate' by the Catholic Church, and on and on. The WTS is viewed as "apostate" by those who still follow Russell's teachings. In actuality, the term 'apostate' has lost all meaning because interpretations and views are always changing. The fact that Russell himself was viewed as a wacko with bizarre teachings doesn't seem to faze the idiots that write this tripe. Russell, Rutherfraud, Knorr, Franz etc. have all spoken "twisted things" and lived to see their teachings fall flat. No matter to these loons though: they still have 'de troof' no matter how badly they continue to screw up.

No matter what false teachers may say, we will not follow them! Why go to such dried-up wells only to be deceived and disappointed? Instead, let us be determined to remain loyal to Jehovah and to the organization that has a long record of quenching our thirst with the pure and refreshing waters of truth from God's inspired Word.

Well, unfortunately for Crooklyn, more and more are leaving and will continue to leave because thanks to sites like JWN, JWFacts and Freeminds.org, more and more Witnesses are logging in and discovering the truth about 'the Truth'.

This article sounds utterly desperate on their part, which they are. Instead of shoring up the flock though, it's actually articles like this that are getting people out. Why? Because the numbskulls are vague and secretive about what 'apostates' are saying and that gets the R&F interested. That's what got me out. I used to sit there and think "okay, why don't you tell us what exactly they're saying so we can defend ourselves against them?' Of course, once you've read CoC or ISOCF, it becomes all too clear as to why they're so vague when it comes to 'apostate teachings'. They're terrified that they won't be able to keep all their dirty little secrets well, secret and that's exactly what's happening. Too bad Crooklyn. Articles like this is not going to stem the tide or prevent tens of thousands making their way to the Exit door each and every year.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I want to thank you for your review of this week's Watchtower study, Blondie. Besides the great comments, I especially appreciated the hyperlinks which detail WTS hypocrisy and errors in other matters.

Quendi

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thank you Blondie!

This article disgusts me-the wts are such hypocrites

And what about the "ancient worthys" coming back to life to live in Beth Sarim? I guess that was not a false story or myth. We can go meet and talk to Abel if we'd like! I just need the money for a ticket to CA and I'll go visit the resurected Abel, Moses, etc at Beth Sarim. That was not a false story. It was the "truth"!!!

• clarity
    clarity

Did you all read Elon's post? (10/6/2002) kindly reposted for us today.

Hope you don't mind a bit of this on here Blondie, but it's really another nail in their coffin.

>

"Would the wt society disfellowship Jesus?"

Now" I continued "let say that Jesus was here today in the organization, kind of under cover, no one knew it was him, just a brother in the congregation. What would you say Jesus would do with any of the society's teachings or actions he knew was wrong? Wouldn't he do what he did in the first century, talk about , highlight and share the truth about anything he knew was wrong?"

>

"Yes ,he would" they agreed.

>

"Now, what would you do to him if you didn't know it was Jesus? You would intimidate him to keep quiet and if he continued to speak and share the truth ,as he would have, you would disfellowship him, wouldn't you?" I repeated,"wouldn't you"?

>

It was painful to admit it,but they did. In fact one of them said " I suppose we would" while laughing at the realization that they would indeed disfellowship Jesus himself."

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    A ROAD sign that is pointing in the wrong direction is not just misleading; it is potentially dangerous. Imagine that a friend warned you that an evil man had deliberately changed a sign in order to cause harm to unwary travelers.

Pheweee! What a childish illustration.

'..an evil man...' See full size image HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....so, so childish!!

• Robert7
    Robert7

I hate articles like this. There are so many loaded thoughts that continue to brainwash the JWs

• Leaving the WT = following Satan
    • Anything negative about the WT = false stories. There is never legitimately anything negative to say about the WTS.
    • Those who left have nothing else to do but pull others away
    • Those who left are unhappy, miserable, and spiritually unfulfilled. Gosh, "mentally diseased".
    • The only reason to leave the WT is either personal flaws (doing what we want, 'anything goes') or because of Satan and his false stories
    • There is no other reason someone would leave. For example, I personally am atheist, so I don't believe anything false. I just don't believe. Not believing is very different than believing false teachings.

This is SO over the top. I hope if anything this will make people think "if this is the truth, why is it so easy to be sidetracked?". I have to admit, the more the WTS talked about apostates and all that, the more it did open my eyes.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

unbelievable

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Faders...following this article should we expect elders knocking on our doors to "force" us to decide if we are in or out? If we are not following the WTS we are following Satan! WOW!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit