Happily living life after the JWs. I didnt know it was possible.

by TimothyT 21 Replies latest jw friends

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Its the most perculiar thing. I recall when i was in, i used to wonder how those disfellowshipped could live with themselves and thought that they must be the saddest and most depressed people on this earth.

How wrong I was. Now that im one of this disfellowshipped ones my life has improved dramaticaly and im happier than I ever was. I dont realy feel sad or bitter about it all either. But i do hope that my friends come to their senses. I have been dub snubbed a few times by some of them, but I just try to be pleasant and chuckle about it to myself, thinking how ridiculously childish it is.

Anyway, not only is my relationship with my boyfriend going from strength to strength, im finding that im enjoying bible study so much more these days. I also love discussing it with people who enjoy reading it, eg. my dad. Even one sister from my congregation has agreed to continue talking about the bible with me, despite the fact im disfellowshipped. I think its nice that someone cares and loves me no matter what.

Other than that, today I enroled on 2 university courses to study counselling and psychotherapy. I feel that after what i went through, I could be suited to help those who struggle with feelings of sadness and depression, ESPECIALY, those with a religious or supressed homosexual background. Im REALY excited about going back to university and im happy that im doing it for my benefit and for the benefit of others. I can imagine if I was still a JW, they'd be discouraging me from it right now and telling me to pioneer! LOL!

All in all, things are going fabulously and im happier than I have ever been! Its crazy how my life has completely changed around, and that leaving the WT organisation has improved my health. I recommend it to all of you. Thanks for your support over the months.

Timmy xxx

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

my life has improved dramaticaly and im happier than I ever was

Excellent!

• Mad Sweeney
  • Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Lovely to hear that you are so happy, Tim!

BTW, did you know you have a passing resemblance to Ian Thorpe, the Olympic swimmer?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't see how the witlesses can possibly be happy. First, they are so repressive. Sexual desire is so regulated that it is harder to get with the opposite sex in the cancer than it is to start a business in certain countries. They keep people from enjoying leisure and material things as well.

Then there is the wasted time. You cannot be happy when you are going from door to door spreading this cancer, doing zero good, and seeing nothing worthwhile for your work, all the time year in and year out. The boasting sessions are all the same old crap. Miss one, or decrease your field circus, and you will be getting a call from Brother Hounder. Their idea of "music(??)" is the most pathetic excuse of stupid I have ever heard of--and it has gotten even worse.

They make such a stink about AIDS among worldly people. What they will not say is that not all worldly people are going to get AIDS. Not to mention the number of cases of diabetes, heart disease, and cancer I have seen among the witlesses at ages well below when they are reasonably expected to happen. Or the tuberculosis they pick up at the door--and all it takes is one bad door to get it and then spread it to the whole car group. Or the liver disease and obesity they get from eating fast, good-tasting poison all the time "to keep our time going". And, what about the accidents they get into because they are trying to drive to or from boasting sessions or field circus when they are too tired or it is not reasonable and prudent to even go.

There are so many things you can do when you are out of the cancer. Gay sex is only one of those things. Others include enjoying your weekend without having a big fat boasting session or field circus in the way. You can enjoy the holidays, actively participating in them. You can study the Bible as you see fit, without worrying about keeping in sync with any Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. You can listen to whatever music you feel like, without "stumbling" others. You can watch R-rated (and even X-rated) movies, again without worrying about "stumbling" someone. You can gamble as you see fit. You can own a firearm if you so choose. You can have a real vacation in lieu of going to the Grand Boasting Session. If you choose, you can smoke and use drugs (though I will not advise anyone to do this because they will mess up your health). You can have the occasional beer party (but not drink and drive, because you can get into an accident). You don't have to worry about obeying whatever stupid rules the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger or the local hounders come up with.

And, you actually get to have fun. You couldn't do that as one of Jehovah's Witlesses.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

I'm so glad to hear you're happy. Unfortunately many who are disfellowshipped don't find happiness. The difference between you and them is you know what the WBT$ is. So many arre disfellowshipped and still believe it is the truth, many who know it's BS are left with no support system so they go back due to the pain of shunning or worse commit suicide. It's good your dad has chosen you over them and you have your boyfriend (Tell him I say hi). I like you am looking to study psychology to use my experience to benefit others. May God's Grace continue to be with you.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Glad to hear that you have coped with leaving the WTS. Some find it easy and some find it difficult. Family can have a real influence, hence it is good to hear that your dad did not reject you.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Great to hear it!!! Be free!FS

• laverite
    laverite

Timmy,

As a young teenage brother, I remember being out in service and somehow the discussion topic turned to someone who was DF'd. I can't remember if that was because we had run into someone who was DF'd or how the conversation turned to discussing a particular DF'd individual. But the discussion went like this: DF'd people are all tormented. They KNOW The Truth (tm). They KNOW they will be executed by Jehovah God. They KNOW they are nothing but walking dead. There is NO way for any of them to be happy. Their torment is constant. They cannot live by our high moral standards but instead, they choose death. Blah, blah, blah.

Well, a few years later, when I saw the WTS for what it actually was and I DA'd myself, I experienced happiness for the first time. I remember those first few years thinking back to that discussion in FS and thinking, boy are those people deluded. Rather than anger, I felt mostly pity.

BTW, @WTWizzard, I *LOVED* this from your post: "There are so many things you can do when you are out of the cancer. Gay sex is only one of those things. Others include..." So true! But glad it was first on the list.

Gay sex, *IS* a lot of fun. Maybe that's why so many are having it while they are still IN the BOrg? Heck, straight sex is fun, too, if done right. I'm just glad people are having sex whether straight or gay. WTS => repressed sexuality => psychopathological manifestations of repression.

~Lav

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It won't always be "Happy Happy Happy" for you but, overall it will ALWAYS be better than it would be had you stayed a JW.

WOO HOO FOR YOU!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit