Critique of the October 1 Watchtower article"When Was Ancient Jerusalem Destroyed?"

by Doug Mason 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Dutch-scientist
    Dutch-scientist

Hi Alfred,

Your right with that! I got the same feeling it make all sense together how the WTS thinks.

DS

• zoiks
    zoiks

Doug,

Thanks very much for your hard work. I will be referring back to this in the near future, no doubt.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

DOUG - Just want to let you know how much I appreciate your work. Awesome job.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Doug ... thank you so much, what an amazing tool you have provided

pm'd you

• Black Sheep
  • Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

wannabefree,

Thank you for your eagle eyes picking out the following two typos. I have corrected them. No excuses on my part.

page 3 last sentence under heading A difference of about 20 years, reads "... while everyone else others depends on ..."

page 11 2nd line of title reads 'Who The "Seventy Years" Aimed Were At'

The required corrections are obvious.

I have updated the file.

Again, thanks.

And thank you everybody for your kind words.

Doug

• BarefootServant
    BarefootServant

Hi Doug, just wanted to add my own appreciation, thanks.

• Quendi
    Quendi

Bookmarked for future reference, and thanks very much, Doug, for your research into this.

Quendi

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Hey, Doug

Thanks for all of that research and combined references. You should march right into that Brooklyn Writing Department room and put that right on the Publishers desk. I'm sure that they will print a retraction to their article......Not.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts.

I would be certain the Writing Department is aware of the document by now, so it will be interesting to see if they address those issues that were omitted from their articles. Two of these are:

-- how can they prove the year that the first exiles dedicated the temple altar? (Can they do this without resorting to the Babylonian tablets that they reject?)

-- how can they prove the year that the Jews entered Egypt after murdering Gedaliah.

Remember, they have an obsession at the year Jerusalem was destroyed, but they do not start their 70 years with that event.

Of course, there are many other issues, but these are two issues they can start with.

Doug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit