Critique of the October 1 Watchtower article"When Was Ancient Jerusalem Destroyed?"

by Doug Mason 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Doug, I wouldn't hold my breath with the organization addressing your issues.

The article is all that is needed to keep control of most and to expel dissenters. Their game, their rules. But the work you have done is awesome and will be helpful to those waking up now and in the future. You ROCK MAN!

• St George of England
    St George of England

I really enjoyed reading this along with the Carl Olof Jonsson critique.

Both articles mentioned Jeremiah 25:12, a scripture not quoted in the October 1 and November 1 WTs:-

"And it must occur that when seventy years have been fulfilled I shall call to account against the king of Babylon and against that nation,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘their error, even against the land of the Chalde′ans, and I will make it desolate wastes to time indefinite."

I wondered why I had never thought about this text before; it actually tells you when the 70 years ends. So I looked up the scripture in the WT Index. The last time that scripture was discussed was in 1979!

*** w79 9/15 pp. 23-24 par. 10 The “Cup” That All Nations Must Drink at God’s Hand ***

10 The Persian conqueror of Babylon, Cyrus the Great, did not restore the kingdom of the family of David to Jerusalem. It is true that he conquered Gentile Babylon in 539 B.C.E., or about two years before the “seventy years” of desolation of the land of Judah ran out. He proclaimed himself “king of Babylon” and at first did not alter the policy of the Babylonian dynasty of King Nebuchadnezzar. Thus the nations subjugated by Nebuchadnezzar continued to serve “the king of Babylon” 70 years. First in the 70th year of the desolation of Judah did Cyrus the Great release the exiled Jews from their direct servitude to the king of Babylon and let them return home to rebuild their desolated country and their national capital Jerusalem and its temple. (Ezra 1:1 through 3:2) In this way Jehovah called to the account of the Babylonians “their error” that they had committed against the God of Israel.—Jer. 25:12.

No wonder they are having problems selling this to the Rank & File

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit