At the age of 48 I just graduated with my BA degree from college and I am on top of the world

by booker-t 33 Replies latest jw friends

• mrquik
    mrquik

Good for you booker-t. It's what I tell everyone: Live Well.....Enjoy Life!

• on the rocks
    on the rocks

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welldone.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

congratulations

visiting discussion forums, although interesting, takes up valuable time. I'd like to start something completely new and different when school begins in October.

this is good advice

I stopped going to ex-jw's functions about a year ago and I don't miss them at all. All they did was talk about the big bad WT society. At first you need to be around fellow understanding people that went through it but after awhile people start getting tired of hearing the same old song. And I noticed that at those ex-jw's functions the ex witnesses were still so angry after years of being out and I told myself I will not let myself become bitter it is like a slow death. Be happy and have fun.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Congratulations!

• Curtains
    Curtains

great news booker-t, congrats, well done

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Congratulations! You have proved that you are a SURVIVOR and not a VICTIM!

May I ask what field your degrees will be in?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Congrats! ... I'm right behind you pursing my degree, hoping to keep my GPA up. The intense math and science homework may reduce my JWN time... well, studying and spending time checking out those "worldly influences" that will corrupt me

• Joliette
    Joliette

That is great!!! I'm 28 and trying to get my B.A. also.

• isojourn
    isojourn

You are inspiration to all of us. You should be so proud of yourself.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Congratulations on your achievement. That was a goal of mine before starting on the path of a jw, but being a strong jw most of my life ruined that original goal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit