What are you up to this Labor Day Weekend?

by Magwitch 32 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

I am actually going to a college game. I don't know what else--it's supposed to rain. If it's nice I may hike. If not I will probably do some artwork and cook a feast.

• sd-7
    sd-7

I'll sleep. Probably get up earlier than I feel like getting up and go shopping. Then do a bunch of other crap. Possibly go to the zoo or some crap like that. And sleep again. And then the whole frakking weekend will be over and I'll get all sad because it's all gone so quickly.

Also, I hope to finish reading 'Star Wars: Vision of the Future' by Timothy Zahn. After that I might do 'Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil'. Either that one or 'Crosscurrent' by Paul S. Kemp. I'm not sure yet.

--sd-7

• sabastious
    sabastious

Going to a place my in laws own on the coast. Get to stop programming for 4 whole days! My back is going to thank me for it.

-Sab

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Having our first Apostafest here in the wilds of PA. this Saturday. Totally ADD

• blondie
    blondie

Outdoor Shakespeare play in the evening.

Taste of .......

See movie The Debt (and Cars2)

Labor Day events

Work in the garden, canning green beans and tomatoes

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

Apostafest on Saturday. Church then the German festival on Sunday. Family cook out on Monday. prost mein freunds! paulnotsaul

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Be home!!! Swim, lay in the sun, read, eat, drink, possibly the Celtic Fesitval, possibly the Harvest Wine Festival, sleep, garden, coooooooooook! sleep, lay in the sun, read, swim.................

• designs
    designs

The Bread and Roses strike, Massachusetts 1912, Lawrence Textile strike and the militia who confronted the workers with bayonets and the owners who turned fire hoses on the women strikers gained national attention. Upton Sinclair wrote The Cry For Justice over the workers conditions. 50% mortality for children, 36 out of 100 aduls died by age 25. The work week- 56 hours for $9.00, .16 per hour. The Union was targeted and the Mill owners planted dynamite to frame the strikers. Police clubbed and beat children and women who were at the Train Station where the children were being sent out of town for their protection. Mass arrests followed the strikers with some receiving a year in jail.

The governor of Massachusetts sided with the Mill owners and the conditions in the Mills. Slowly the gains of the workers were eaten away by the Mill owners with political backing.

Labor Day

• designs
    designs

'Power concedes nothing without a demand' Frederick Douglas

40 Hour Work Week, Overtime Pay, Workmen's Comp. Ins., Safe Working Conditions, Minimum Wage, Child Labor Laws, Health Benefits, Farm Workers Rights, Equal Pay For Equal Work, Pension Benefits, Social Security.

Labor Day

• mouthy
    mouthy

Going to a funeral of a fellow that helped with the support team John Klaver....will miss him

His daughter is a JW...This will be my 6th one in six weeks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit