School Overseer just passed out doing the school!

by life is to short 31 Replies latest jw friends

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I think you should blame it on uncertain or "we must follow the ordinary pattern no matter what" - people and not generalize. I have experienced exactly the oppsite - meetings being cancelled because of illness or death or accidents etc. Some places the atmosphere is not as it should be.

• dm6
    dm6

LOL @ THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

dm6, that's just wrong man. Great minds think alike. You went there, not me. I had to laugh though. peacetothefallenone paulnotsaul

• life is to short
    life is to short

draingheart13

I will PM you.

I know some of you think this is funny and that the elder got what he deserved just because he was an elder but were not all of us JW's as some point and did not all of us at some point go along with it?

Anywho from how it sounded on the phone it was like he just stopped talking and then their was silence until the other elder stepped in to finish his part.

From what my husband said it pretty much happened like that. He just sort of blacked out and could not speak. Someone got him off the stage and the show went on.

I have a good friend who's family has posted on this board. He just had a stroke two months ago and that is what happened to him. He was at dinner and with his wife and friends and just stopped talking, he had a stroke that fast.

I know, I know many of you think this is so very funny and the elder got what he deserved.

LITS

• cult classic
    cult classic

LITS - Recently, there were two elders here who got sick during their talks.

One elder had a major breakdown during his DC talk. He could not collect himself and actually started crying during the talk. I wasn't there, but I heard he was barely able to finish the part.

Another elder in his 60s had a mental break during his part at the local meeting and he has been on meds (psychiatric) ever since.

I think that it is sad when people get sick during the meetings. I know the routine isn't always the cause, but I can't help but think of how much pressure they're feeling at the time.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thanks Cult classic

I too just think it is sad that people are so blinded that they put themselves in harm like this.

LITS

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i remember one time a sister was hit by a car walking across the street to get to the kingdom hall. the meeting started while there were ambulances, etc outside like nothing even happened. at first i thought it was an accident not involving any JW's cause everyone acted like nothing happened. Then later when I found out a sister was struck by a car, I was stunned that the meeting went on without skipping a beat.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Isnt that sad. I pray for all in cults like this.At least that poor man got to go home

In Jonestown he would be dead,Waco he would be burned,But in the WT he is still

breathing,Why not pray the guy will realize he is deceiving & being deceived
    I believe most JWs are truly good folks.It pleases me to read that MY GOD
    examines HEARTS!!!! not religions

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

To the witlesses, people are expendible. When something happens that disrupts the boasting session, the disruption must be minimized at all costs--even if life is at stake. Why they can't cancel or cut short the boasting session when something drastic happens--unless those people don't count.

As for "passing out", if it was just a flu or heat exhaustion, it still should have suspended the boasting session until it was all clear. If a part had to be cut out, so be it. Even a minor fall with minor or no injury should interrupt the boasting session until it is ascertained that no major injuries have occurred. I wonder if sometimes they create worse problems for the victim than the original incident by trying to subdue the disruption to their "precious boasting session".

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

life is to short, I do pray this man is well. I don"t like to see anyone hurt/sick. What dm6 and I found funny is you said he passed out 'doing' the school. Not 'during'. peaceAll paulnotsaul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit