WT Society Alters their History as " The Party " did in George Orwell's 1984

by flipper 69 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Finally my wife and I got around to reading George Orwell's " 1984 " . As many of you know who have read the book that " The Party " or " Big Brother " as the ruling power in the book is called ; constantly changes records of it's past dealings so as to deceive the public about any false forecasts they may have mistakenly made ; in an effort to put forth a positive image of itself it destroys past embarrassing records or paperwork which would expose the " Party " as a failure. Much the way the WT society has altered their history to deceive the public and their own members.

Notice this quote from George Orwell's " 1984 " on pg. 36 concerning the " Party's " literature and magazine called the TIMES , " As soon as all the corrections which happened to be necessary in any particular number of the TIMES had been assembled and collated, that number would be reprinted, the original copy destroyed, and the corrected copy placed on the files in its stead. This process of continuous alteration was applied not only to newspapers, but to books, periodicals, pamphlets, posters, leaflets, films, sound tracks, cartoons, photographs - to every kind of literature or documentation which might conceivably hold any political or ideological significance. Day by day and almost minute by minute the past was brought up to date. In this way every prediction made by the Party could be shown by documentary evidence to have been correct ; nor was any item of news , or any expression of opinion, which conflicted with the needs of the moment, EVER allowed to remain on record. "

From the 20th century into this 21st century the WT society has discouraged it's members from reading older literature that they put out during C.T. Russell's & J.F. Rutherford's time as presidents . What the WT society calls " new light " is actually an altering of previously held views which never came true or transpired. So to avoid embarrassment the WT society has removed such quotes in the newer version " Truth that Leads to Eternal Life " book from former secretary of state Dean Achison in which he predicted that in " 1975 the world would be too dangerous to live in ". The quote was in the ORIGINAL " Truth " book printed in 1968, but not versions printed in the early 1980's. WT society had to alter their history to make up for failed predictions of no " end " coming in 1975.

Also , this remains the reason the WT society continuously changes what makes up a " generation " by changing the definition of generation to include two or more multiple " overlapping generations " turning them into 1 generation. Alterations have also included the blood transfusion teaching, the opening up of the sealing of the " anointed " in 1935 ( one reason there are now 11,202 partaking and keeps rising in number ) . It goes on and on with the WT society altering their history so that " nor was any item of news , or any expression of opinon, which conflicted with the needs of the moment , EVER allowed to remain on record. "

With the turnover rate escalating of newer JW members joining and more long time members exiting the WT society - newer members are not informed of the false, errant views the WT society had at one time. The subject isn't approached and dismissed as if some events never happened. Or, if, on the rare occasion alterations ARE mentioned it is said that those who stuck to older views or disagreed were unfaithful, lacking faith in God. It shows the insidiousness and trickery used by the WT society to suit their own purposes and control other human beings. .

At any rate - thought you'd enjoy seeing and reading this comparison and as always I look forward to your thoughts and insights on this subject ! Hope you are all doing well. Peace out to all, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hey there Flipper.

Sending you a PM in a couple minutes.

om

• Joliette
    Joliette

I've never read 1984 but I want to read it, sounds very intresting.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Marking...

Gotta go feed critters!

• flipper
    flipper

OPEN MIND- Thanks for the PM. I PMed you back ! Take care.

JOLIETTE- It is really interesting. I had never read it and we finally got it for $ 2.00 used at a bookstore. We are about 33 % through reading it. To give credit where credit's due - the poster FARKEL is the one who recommended I read it. A great suggestion on his part- it's been a fascinating book. Lots of similarities to the WT society and Jehovah's Witnesses. Especially about fear and control

• flipper
    flipper

ZIDDINA- Go feed them critters sis ! Tell them to eat some extra for me ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Joliette
    Joliette

Yeah, I want to read that. I need to stop spending so much time online and get back into reading and working out. I loooove the heck out of science fiction.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

It's a great book! Read it a couple of years ago and the similarities to the Watchtower were amazing. Then I read Orwell's "Animal Farm." The pigs who were in control kept changing the rules that were written on the side of the barn when no one was looking. Just like the WT.

• isojourn
    isojourn

Yes, they absolutely do alter history. Don't they have a department for that in Bethel?

1984 has always reminded me of the Borg. Watch out the thought police are watching right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit