Society tells us to stop asking questions...

by cedars 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VM44
    VM44

I agree with Alfred, the Watchtower does not want to "answer" questions concerning 607 B.C.E. anymore!

• sir82
    sir82

Hmmmm....

2 part extensive (well for them anyway) article on "Was Jerusalem really destroyed in 607 BCE?" in the 10/1 and 11/1 "public editions" Watchtowers....

...and a QFR in the 10/15 "Study edition" Watchtower saying "Don't bother us with your silly-@$$ questions"....

Coincidence?

Or a not-so-subtle message of "For the last time - here is our final stand on 607 BCE. Any and all questions to us on this subject for here on out will merely result in the admonition to 'read the 10/1/11 and 11/1/11 WT articles on the subject.' The END" (and a message to your local BOE, putting them on apostate alert).

• Robdar
    Robdar

Anybody who allows the society to tell them what to do deserve all that they have coming to them.

• flipper
    flipper

This is an important thread I believe showing how the WT society is dumbing down on purpose Jehovah's Witnesses world wide

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Don't mean to make undue fun of the GB, but this is bullshit. Here is what I think in parody form....

"What should I do when I have a question about something I read in the Bible or when I need advice about a personal problem?"

Dear Lonely, Desperate, Abandoned Dumba$$, (btw, thanks for donating to the Society's Worldwide Wurk)

It used to be that when we really believed we were annointed, going to heaven, part of the 144,000 (ah, the good ol days) that we would really try to answer most questions that appeared to be legitimate to us.

But this is Governing Body 2.1 (Barr and Jaracz are now in heaven. Or not, we don't give a shit.... Splane made us say that...). We have quickly realized that we simply need to do what Barr and Jaracz figured out.

We gotta die on the company dime.

We are very jealous of the Michigan contingent, Sydlik and Schroeder. Those damn bastards walked on water from the frikkin moment they got here. Schroeder could even lose bets to Freddie Franz in bad biblical Hebrew.....

We are especially jealous of Freddie Franz. How many people do you know who walked the earth, dropped out of college, then got to run a religion as a result for 70 freaking years, and then die at 100!!??

Yeah, we got screwed. We thought it would be cool to lie about being annointed. Now, we're f*cked! We got stuck with the bill. Time to leave Brooklyn and flee to the hills.

Do you think we're rambling? No, just some context here doofus. In the Oct 15 WT, we gave ourselves another trap door out when we said " Neither the branch office nor world headquarters is in a position to analyze and answer all such questions that have not been considered in our literature"

Oh SNAP!! That was a good one. Do you know what that means? It means that we can officially not give a shit. It means we don't have to supply you spiritual food because we are busy supplying you spiritual food!

We are AWESOME!! And you all will still follow us.

So remember, those WT bound volumes are great, except the parts that we change every 10 years. Like what constitutes a generation, or if oral sex is ok.

Don't worry though, we're Governing Body 2.1. All we want to do is die on the company dime.

Btw, we are actively recruiting for Governing Body 3.0. All you need to do is claim to be annointed and be our secretarial bitches for 20 years until we die and spend up what is left of the WTBTS fortune.

Then the youngin's can take over!

We love you all! Keep sending us your dimes!

Deep love (of your $$$)

The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, v2.1

• White Dove
    White Dove

If the question is not discussed in the literature, then how pray tell is one to look up one's question in the "tools" provided?

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks everyone - I never got chance to read the latest attempt to explain the unexplainable, i.e. how to arrive at 607 BCE as being the fall of Jerusalem (other than tracing back 2,520 years from 1914). Does anybody want to quickly explain it to me? I read a thread on here that said that one piece of historical evidence had been found that might support that date, but that it was tenuous at best. I will be looking up the articles myself, but can anyone give me a quick intro?

I agree that the "stop sending us questions" Q from R is probably more than a coincidence, as the 607/1914 issue was arguably one of the more easily refutable doctrines from a secular viewpoint. Now they feel they have nailed that question once and for all, and want everyone to shut up!

• St George of England
    St George of England

Bounds volumes are great for propping up a broken bed leg!
    another use: computer monitor stand

Reminds me of the old Hancock sketch, maybe they should be donated to the local library:

(start at 2m57s - modified link does not work)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGQCwUPhCMo

George

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'm not at all surprised. I wonder if they're now getting snowed under with aposta-questions that ask questions that show them up for the frauds they are?

Classic Mileu control once again.

1984 - Ignorance is bliss - Wait on Jar Hoover.

Shut up and put up!

• factfinder
    factfinder

cedars- the new gb have come out with so many statements that I would not have heard back in the 70's and 80's.

I have been frustrated quite a few times by the non-responses I recieved to my questions over the years and most included statements like the one you quoted 'please understand that we are not in a position to do the research neccessary to answer your questions' or "we do not have the resources necessary to provide you with the information you are requesting.'

Things the gb come out with these days make it seem like a different religion than the one I was once in and loved.

Blondie- Thank you for posting the info from the 1952 w. It certainly sounds like the wt wishes those they consider "apostates" could be put to death for questioning their teachings, policies or anything they publish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit