First post, so Hey Everyone!

by thinking_1 33 Replies latest jw friends

• thinking_1
    thinking_1

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I've been lurking for a few months and want to get in on some of the conversation.

Also here's a song that's taken on a new personal meaning for me. (I was born in to a Witness family and have recently woke up to the fact that it is just a group of people following just men. Not "Spirit Directed" or "Inspired")

I think it speaks to the amazing (albiet horrifying) ability of the human mind to subject itself to what may not actually be best for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-E1SaDrHJQ&ob=av3e

Hope to hear your thoughts.

Sincerely,

Still Thinking, but on my own now.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Welcome to the forum!! Congratulations on your awakening!!

Also here's a song that's taken on a new personal meaning for me. (I was born in to a Witness family and have recently woke up to the fact that it is just a group of people following just men. Not "Spirit Directed" or "Inspired")

Awww dang, here's another lurker DJEggnog failed.............

• Dagney
    Dagney

Welcome thinking_1 !! (Great name!!) You and a few thousand others here have had the same experience. Glad to have you. Keep on thinking.

• Bucholz
    Bucholz

Welcome on board

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome !!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Greetings, Thinking_1 !!! Welcome to the board!!

If that's "Incubus Succubus" - I love their music!! Good choice!

Aw, rats... It's just "incubus"... But still a good choice!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

"welcome to the party pal"

ironic that they call their magazine "awake". just a matter of reverse engineering, and you will.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome to you x

Loz x

• Glander
    Glander

Warmest greetings!

Now get busy and start interesting threads and post brilliant thoughts on the JW experience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit