Anyone being to Harvard here?

by mankkeli 40 Replies latest jw friends

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

actually i would say the stakes are quite high here. think about the people who come here....people who are entrapped by this cult of absolutism....their minds highjacked by a thought, a thought that says "we are following the mouth-piece of god"....soooo the stakes are kinda high actually...

try to get past the fact that you dont completely understand internet culture band. just because at some point in your life you found out you were equally smart(or smarter) than some folks that you thought were better than you...doesn't mean now everytime you feel inferior, that same scenerio holds true. maybe try a different approach. like hey how bout conceding to the culture that exists, it might save you a lot of grief. concession isn't always weakness.

maybe next time you can state, "anyone can make a mistake on this sort of forum"....and leave it at that, maybe a few people give you a benefit of the doubt. but once you tack on the next sentence, now you've ensured it's you versus the entire forum? where is the logic in this?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

mankkeli, is English your second language? Just wondering.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Only a few people addressed the merits of Harvard Business School.

I don't need armchair analysts. Seriously, I can do better.

• PenelopePaige
    PenelopePaige

Why are you guys so vicious? The guy made a spelling error, why be so hateful?

Unless I'm missing something? Some of you people are so mean! I don't get it!

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

you dont understand penelope. this guy has been starting threads like wildfire, and from the bits and pieces i've personally read...they are seriously troll bait threads. at one point this guy said he was out all day with the anointed in field service, now he's going to harvard and cant spell? then he said he talked to the elders about this web page, and said the one elder wants to chop off all our heads? the guy is just making up bs to get people to respond to bs. you dont think that is really disrespectful and rude to everyone on this board?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    Why are you guys so vicious? The guy made a spelling error, why be so hateful?
    Unless I'm missing something? Some of you people are so mean! I don't get it!

• PenelopePaige
    PenelopePaige

cptkirk- Oh, ok....well, then, now I understand! Thanks for clearing that up. Yes, that is disrespectful of him. :(

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My default position is to assume that someone is sincere. Otherwise, why don't we have a standing committee to test someone's qualifications to post here. Unless someone is baiting, I don't see the harm. Other people may believe a different approach should be used. Chacun au son gout. (can't recall exact phrase for each to his own taste.)

• Kudra
    Kudra

Get a year or two of the Theocratic Ministry School under your belt. It is offered at the local Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses. Then you'll be all set to sweet talk your way into the Harvard MBA program...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Kudra, Amen! Touche.(with accent over e).

This past week someone suggested that I align myself with the Christian Legal Society. It sounded good to me. When I googled the org, I discovered they are the "enemy" of my position on Establishment Clause issues. They won a very important Supreme Court decision allowing high school students to form on campus Christian clubs afterschool. When the case is mentioned, people snicker. Regardless of my personal beliefs, it would be professional suicide. Birds of a feather flock together. Harvard anything and Theocratic Ministry School are opposites.

If all credentials were equal, I believe the Witness might have an advantage under the severe thirst for diversity. The Witness would be the topic of many cocktail conversations. Imagine how class discussions would be different. There is an entertainment value.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit