Would you have left if b-days and blood were okay, and DF-ing was rare?

by respectful_observer 30 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Ditto, mrsjones5

• Quendi
    Quendi

For my part, I would have left anyway and leavingwt summed up my reasons for doing so. As it is, I am now out, enjoying my freedom, and would rather die than ever return.

Quendi

• simon17
    simon17

Yes, those were all non-issues

• cantleave
    cantleave

The WTS's desire to control every aspect of my life, the twisting of scriptures to provide legitimacy to obviously man made theology and the hypocrisy and deception that permeated the whole organisational structure was more of an issue for me than any of the above.

• nugget
    nugget

The truth is I would not be attending but I would not be DF'd. These were just a small part of my decision to leave but there are so many issues now and the organisation so corrupt it would be impossible to stay an active JW especially when there are children to consider.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

well, blood and DFing is not a non-issue, but it definately wasn't the thing that got me thinking.

• sherah
    sherah

Bdays and the DFing policy were not real concerns of mine but I had major reservations about the blood policy. Once I started reading and researching, there was no turning back. Like many have stated on this thread, WT teachings are full of lies and unbiblical (if that's your bag). Knowing what I know, the answer is yes.

• kazar
    kazar

What Blondie said.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

As mentioned, there is NO REFORMATION that makes the lies true.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

As all the above posts show, there are many, MANY really good reasons to not be one of JWs. But, as SIAM's Open Letter to the GB shows, there are many, MANY people that stay in the bORGanization because they are afraid of being disfellowshipped.

• Fear is the mind-killer. - "Dune" by Frank Herbert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit