Would you have left if b-days and blood were okay, and DF-ing was rare?

by respectful_observer 30 Replies latest jw friends

• respectful_observer
  • designs
    designs

Eventually you have to come to grips with the fallacy of the end of the world and judgement day, so no.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

My mom onces asked me what it would take for me to become a JW and I said:

Get rid of the ban on blood.

Get rid of the ban on Bdays, christmas and certain holidays.

Get rid of the mentioning of anything in the baptizmal rites other than God, Christ and the HS.

Get rid of the so-called "annointed class" and the notion that they and the GB are mediators between Believers and Christ.

Get rid of 1914 as a date of any significance.

Allow for all those that want to recieve Christ to partake of the Lord's Supper.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

They say they are God's spokesperson. They are not.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I left because it wasn't truth

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It's not TRUE.

It's not The Truth.

It never has been and it never will be.

The entire thing is one big lie.

Find a church with better food and music and be done with it, I say.

• Bella15
    Bella15

I was brought up in that CORPORATION since I was like 2 years old - the only thing for me is that since I was like 7-9 years old I started noticing the lack of love for the "neighbor", the hypocresy, the double standards, the Spirit that I perceived in the bible did not match the JWs really, hard to explain, maybe it was my sixth sense. I am a Christian now, and if the there were a prohibition agaisnt celebrating birthdays, or medical procedures like blood transfusion to safe lives in the bible, I wouldn't do it because I am trying to follow and obey the commands of Jesus, but it is not the case. So it is not about what I like, it is what the bible and Jesus really commands. The things you mentioned are not biblical. Abstain from blood, or keep away from blood also means do not MURDER, which is makes more sense. As far as taking John's beheading as a "command" not to celebrate birthdays that's SO wrong, it was prophesied that John had to die ... he knew it ... Jesus didn't even work closely with him or help him, when Jesus was told that John was put in prison, he went somewhere else to fulfill prophecy ...

... Eventually GOD would have pulled me out anyway ... I would have heard the voice of my Pastor, that small, still voice that says, this is the way you should go ... I was refined as by fire during my years in that Corporation, I consider my time there as my time in the wilderness, I reached the promised land now, I am in Christ.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Respectful_observer:

The answer is "yes" I would have left anyway. It was an eventuality. I came in as a young adult from the so-called world and had a "normal" childhood and education and already celebrated birthdays and holidays so this was no big deal. Df-ing didn't make a difference one way or the other and the blood issue I just mentally didn't deal with. I came into the religion because I was interested in end-time prophecy and because they claimed they had "no clergy".

I left because I found out the religion's hidden history and deception and I could no longer, in good conscience, go around knocking on doors telling the public that this was "truth". Now, after all the mountain of information I know and their scandals and the changed teaching on generation and how hateful and controlling the religion has become, I am glad to be rid of it.

• Ding
    Ding

There's a lot more wrong with the WTS than birthdays, blood, and shunning.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

let's see. i don't like having people tell me what type of clothing to wear, how to cut my hair, how to shave my beard, what music to listen to or what websites to visit. i can't go around knocking doors to tell people that humans were created 6000 years ago along with a talking snake, that a 600 years old guy collected all types of animals into a little box while god drowned the rest and that god will kill all people who don't believe that really soon. i can't stand having someone trying to make me work more and more and more and asking me if i turned in my report on time. it makes my stomach hurt when i have to listen to their talks about chronology and second fulfillments.

if they'd stop the DFing and the blood nonsense, i'd really like that. but there's just nothing good in that religion. not one good thing that i would need that religion for - or any other for that matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit