Would you have left if b-days and blood were okay, and DF-ing was rare?

by respectful_observer 30 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

Oh the list goes on , doesn't it?

>

The point is, birthdays, xmas & the like are peripheral. Outside the real CORE!

>

Have you heared of "rotten to the core"?????? That's the watchtower society!!

>

They could 'tidy' all that fluff up ... and they probably will, in an attempt to keep the slaves captive ...

but there would still be that rotten core!

clarity

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I still would've left. Those were not issues at that time, my faith in the Bible and God were the issues.

So everything else was irrevelant.

• james_woods
    james_woods

The false prophecies, and the denial of the false prophecies would have done it for me even if everything else was corrected.

• Scully
    Scully

No matter how much they tried to polish the turd that is the WTS, it is ultimately still just a turd.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

While the individual doctrines you mention are distasteful, it goes up to a much higher level. The idea that one select group has been chosen from among all of mankind to speak for God it quite silly. Even more silly when you closely examine doctrines that have changed 180 degrees from 1919, when such selection supposedly took place.

Moreover, if said selection took place in 1919, wouldn't one see such incredible evidence that God is with said group along with a corresponding evidence that he has rejected all other religions?

Like Peter Gregorson stated, it all hangs on whether or not they are the "faithful slave" Once I determined they were not, there really isn't anything else to do but leave.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Im not a big fan of dishonesty. I would have left anyway.

• Jack C.
    Jack C.

For me the the independent thinking issue was the final straw. Without the ability to think for yourself the rest of the policys and restrictions were moot. If they would completely change the format of the Org. to one that strongly encouraged spiritual and related scientific research, critical thinking and free sharing of ideas and discussion it would very much interest me. I don't know of a religious organization anywhere like that. As far as the shunning policy it seems to me that rational adults have the capacity to recognize and avoid a truely evil person. A congregation wide policy of avoiding truely dangerous or evil people (child predators etc.) would probably be valid. This would necessarily be an organization that would require a nearly 180 degree reversal of format from the current one.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

The WTS would have to be changed organizationally. If they want to play the part of a religious government where rules are enforced, then they need change their structure. Hiding under the mask of imperfection to protect those they place in power creates injustice. If Christ is really the head of their cong, then the mistakes that happen would never have or will occur.

• blondie
    blondie

Birthdays, blood and df'ing were never the issues. Lack of real love, and cruel judging of others was by those who claimed to be specially chosen and blessed by God to the point that only they would survive Armageddon and loving, caring people who weren't jws would die eternally.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I would have left anyway cuz I don't like being lied to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit