Did YOU Feel Abused By The Elders?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know some here have said they pretty much hated the elders. Did you personally feel the elders were abusive men?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Do I feel abused by the elders? No, but there was some very big issue that my elders ignored. I emailed them about it and they do not email me back about it. When I confronted one of the elders about it in person, he changed the subject too quickly.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Yes and I still do, and I am still an elder. Many dont realize that there is so much abuse in the BOE.

• minimus
    minimus

WOW, i didn't expect that.

• No Room For George
  • Quendi
    Quendi

Nowhere is elder abuse more practiced than in those star chamber proceedings they call judicial committees.

Quendi

• minimus
    minimus

q, so true

• man in black
    man in black

XBEHERE, I seem to have a difficult time understanding the reasoning behind individuals who are active in their local congregations and postpost here.

I can't wrap my mind around this, could you explain why ?

I don't mean to hijack this thread, so if needed could you pm me ?

This is not a sarcastic question, I personally could not do both and sit at the meetings listening to all of the jw stuff every week.

Thanks,

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

I certainly didn't like the elders at my old congregation. Most seemed to have an uncontrollable need to nitpick and, dare I say it, bully people at times. It seemed like many people at the congregation felt the same way. The KH was widely known as one particular elder's hall--he was the presiding overseer.

There were a couple who genuinely tried to help people and who even seemed to agree that yes, most of the BOE were bullies. At least two of them were put on some sort of reproof where they weren't allowed to make comments any more during meetings because they would use this as an opportunity to speak out when they felt the needs of the congregation were ignored. They also weren't allowed to fully participate in other ways, but I'm not clear on what that was any more.

Even the traveling overseers seemed impotent. They were publicly reprove the elders, but the same stuff went on after the overseers left.

• Honesty
    Honesty

No.

I joined them in their abuse of others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit