I will post a serious list of the beliefs that make JW's unique. But I want your thoughts, including anything weird like "Beards are evil" or that "Smurfs are from the Devil."
The Top 10 JW Beliefs:
10. Jesus is Michael the Archangel who came to earth as a man.
9. Jesus already had his "second coming." He returned to earth invisibly in 1914 and has been here ever since.
8. The New World Translation is the world's most accurate Bible, having restored God's name where it had been removed in the New Testament. Holy Spirit guided men to be waaaaaaay more accurate in translation than any expertise in ancient Hebrew or Greek could provide people.
7. There are two classes of true Christians, the 144,000 "anointed" who will rule in heaven with Michael and the "other sheep" who will form "the great crowd" that will live forever on a paradise earth. (After 1914, only the annointed go to heaven when they die. Anointed before 1914 waited in the ground, totally dead. Everyone else who died/dies waits in the ground for a resurrection and/or judgement.)
6. Eating or transfusing "whole" blood is a terrible sin against God, one of the worst. (Modified down over the years to allow "fractions.") Better to let your child die in a hospital than to have lifesaving whole blood transfused into them. It's all crystal clear from the Bible, yet unique to Jehovah's Witnesses.
5. Political neutrality is a must because all governments belong to Satan. This means no voting and no military service, no pledges of allegiance or flag salutes.
4. Jesus was nailed to an upright stake and not a cross. The cross is an object of idolatry and is worshipped.
3. Holidays and birthday celebrations are pagan, idolatrous, not from the Bible: Therefore, they are wrong.
2. There is only one true religion- The Jehovah's Witnesses are that one.
1. Salvation can only be attained by being in the one true religion, "The Truth." Oh, this one leads to lip service that they are not judging outsiders and only God can make that determination about "right-hearted" people. But they really truly teach that all others are misled by Satan and will be lost to him if they don't see the truth from Jehovah's Witnesses. Maybe people who have already died as non-JW can be resurrected (what salvation leads to), but all non-JW's will be judged and executed at Armageddon which will occur any minute now.
I know that Number One encompassed a bunch of belief in a single submission. But it all is tied together. Please add your unique beliefs and modify the list any way you like to suit what you think is better.
I considered merging Number 7 into Number 2, but most JW's seem to feel that Number 2 stands alone.