"Who created the intelligent creator?"

by mankkeli 49 Replies latest jw friends

• unshackled
    unshackled

sinis: Which begs the question were did the original energy come from

And now we're back where we started...

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Sinis, I believe in God. I believe God is the beginning of all things. I can't prove it scientifically, and do not pretend to, but it is my belief. So for me, the answer to your question about the beginning of matter and energy ultimately leads back to God.

• sinis
    sinis

unshackled - you are correct. If you think about it too long you can go mad. Maybe something else is going on, and we were never meant to know the "truth", with illusions pushed upon us to believe in something else that takes us down a road that is a continues loop, never getting off...

• sinis
    sinis

Ok, so God is the source of the energy. Where did that energy come from? Once again, you simply cannot have something from nothing. Its like my sig other who just called me 5 minutes ago to indicate she was sick and threw up in the car (I'm not looking forward to going home and cleaning that up...) back to the illustration, the vomit came from something, ie her lunch. For god to be dynamic energy there has to be a beginning, energy is not static, it decays over time. Where did this "dynamic energy" come from? If energy/matter is finite, then god must have used himself to build the universe, which means he has weakened himself. The question would be why? Its not like he could snap his fingers and recharge himself. Yet, once again, where did this source of energy come from??? EVERYTHING has a beginning.

• sizemik
    sizemik

'Let’s face it, if there is no God, then there is no sense of right or wrong…'

That's simply top-drawer logical fallacy . . .

It relies on the premise that any sense of right and wrong originates supernaturally. You could just as logically conclude that the presence of a sense of right and wrong is why man created God.

Maybe, this is all a hologram, like the matrix, stranger shit is possible...

This is not so strange at all IMO . . .

The "particle" theories of matter are on more shakier ground than ever. Current understandings of nuclear physics are leaning more heavily toward energy wave theory. In short . . . energy presenting itself to our five senses and being interpreted as a "physical reality". There are only two basic elements required for the physical world to "exist". . . energy and space (ie; in a strictly spatial rather than cosmological sense). Energy and matter are no longer viewed as seperate and distinct. Matter is increasingly being understood as a manifestation of energy . . . nothing more.

Once you get your head around it . . . then the physical world can easily be viewed loosly as "holographic".

The concept of God remains elusive on account of the unknown . . . broadly speaking, God is the unknown source of the energy that manifests itself as our physical reality. God in this sense could also include the energy itself. This view of God (as seen in Pantheism) is not uncommon even in ancient religions and philosophers.

Interesting in light of this, is the Bible statement at Ephesians 4:6 . . . one God and Father of all, who is over all, and through all, and in all.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

I think I agree with your statement that God built the Universe out of himself, although I dont see this as weakening God. Is an artist weakened whe he produces a masterpiece? Furthermore, I regard the Universe,not as somethingapart from God, but as part of it.

You say everything has a beginning. That is true of everything that exists in Time. Timeless things, that is to say eternal things, have no beginning and no end.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Where did that energy come from?

That's the question that has no answer . . . both for the theologian and the scientist. Logic tells us it originates from something . . . but we just don't know.

This unknown . . . forms the only concept of "god" that I could make room for. To embellish the concept with speculation is futile. Certainly, to put belief in a supernatural transcendental entity based on this alone is a stretch, and nothing more than a man-made concept.

• unshackled
    unshackled

sinis: If you think about it too long you can go mad. Maybe something else is going on, and we were never meant to know the "truth"

I remember as a kid trying to comprehend the parentals telling me "Jahoover has always existed and there is no end to the universe". Brain, snap.

And who knows if we'll ever find out the "truth"...that's the exciting part. There was a time when no one knew what that bright yellow thing in the sky was, or walking on the moon seemed preposterous 100 years ago. Maybe we'll know someday...if we can stick around long enough that is.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Not knowing is one of the best things about being human.

• sinis
    sinis

sizemik - so your saying, and I can agree, that we are nothing more than wave vibrations that perceive ourselves as solids (holds based on frequency) when all said and done we are basically conscious forms of energy? Makes sense. So if this holds and is accurate, when we "die" ur unique frequency ends, perhaps to once again "reincarnate" at some future time when said frequency re-exibits itself?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit