Has anyone's entire family come out together?

by LittleMac 30 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleMac
  • LittleMac
    LittleMac

I've been lucky that mine has in the last year, both parents and all six children and some of our spouses.

Just wondering.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Maybe Open Mind will post for you. His is pretty much that kind of story.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Our immediate family all came out within five yrs of each other . That includes my husband ,me , our three children ,and one of their spouses .

The extended family are still in unfortunately . I have a brother and sister in law ,neice and spouse that no longer have any contact with us . My husband has parents that keep minimal contact .He also has a brother ,sister in law and nephews w/spouses that shun us all . All for just no longer going to meetings !

• james_woods
    james_woods

We did. Actually, several related families in Oklahoma City just after the Ray Franz/Ed Dunlap incident.

Well, I will say all the Woods family, all the Dunlap family, and many of our extended relatives. About 50 to 80 people in all.

Only Marion Dunlap and I were actually disfellowshipped - they just ignored everybody else who left. I guess it was just a little too many announcements to make on the Friday night meeting.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

My entire family exited within a twenty-month window. I was first, then my older brother, then my younger brother, and finally my parents.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Mostly. My picture here is me and my 4 siblings (4 of us had been in Bethel). We all left. Our father and his wife left. One of my sister-in-laws' parents left. We have some extended relatives still there. The 5 us have 15 children, mostly grown, none were ever baptized, most have graduated college, or going yet. My kids' father still there, they have minimal contact with him. Some extended relatives talk some, very occasionally with some of us.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Unfortunately not. I'm the only one, amongst my family

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Its great that some of you have your entire family out with you. Doubt if that will ever happen for me since some of my family members are defined by their JW membership. Although I do see a few of the others starting to crack...hehehe

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

An interesting and potentially revealing question, LittleMac, that leads to a corollary question.

My observation of posts made by the people on this board who have left the WTBTS is that by and large theirs was an individual decision based upon some sort of individual distinction he or she has formed. That distinction could have had some grounds in the interpretation and application of biblical principles or could have been rooted in purely secular grounds, but there is always something that causes a light to come on for the individual. But here we have complete family groups, or complete segments within family groups, who have exited. Lots of lights came on. Was there a shared distinction of some kind? If so, what was it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit