Osama Bin Laden - The Execution of Seal Team 6

by startingover 57 Replies latest social current

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Next thing they'll be trying to convince us that Jesus returned invisibly in heaven in 1914!

• Robdar
    Robdar

I don't believe for a minute that we got Bin Laden because the story has a fishy smell about it. However, I don't believe it's some sort of Marxist conspiracy.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Leto

Still I don't get why they used Seals to go after OBL. They just aren't designed to do that stuff...They work in very small groups, and are specialized for seaborne operations. Delta Force or the Rangers would have seemed more appropriate to send.

LOL....of course!....they needed the Seals so they could dump the body at SEA.

actually...this is what I found out about Seals Leto

The United States Navy's Sea, Air and Land Teams, commonly known as Navy SEALs, are the U.S. Navy's principal special operations force and a part of the Naval Special Warfare Command (NSWC) as well as the maritime component of the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM). [ 4 ]

The acronym is derived from their capacity to operate at sea, in the air, and on land. In the War on Terror, SEALs have been utilized almost exclusively for land-based operations, including Direct Action, Hostage Rescue, Counter Terrorism, Special Reconnaissance, unconventional warfare and foreign internal defense operations. Without exception, all SEALs are male members of either the United States Navy or the United States Coast Guard. [ 5 ] [ 6 ]

• still thinking
    still thinking

Heres a bit more info...

SEAL Team 6 was dissolved in 1987. The operators of SEAL Team Six established the United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group, also known as DEVGRU. While DEVGRU is administratively supported by Naval Special Warfare Command, they are operationally under the command of the Joint Special Operations Command.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Here is a link to some info about his son Omar bin Laden...and some of the info on that page....it would seem that his son believed Bin Laden was buried at sea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_bin_Laden

Book

Bin Laden and his mother Najwa bin Laden published a book authored with Jean Sasson in late October 2009, titled Growing Up bin Laden. According to media coverage, the book details that "the kids grew up in Saudi Arabia, Sudan, and Afghanistan without laughter or toys, were routinely beaten, and lost their pets to painful death from poison gas experiments by their father's fighters". It states that Osama bin Laden tried to persuade his son to volunteer for suicide missions and exposed him to dangerous conditions visiting training camps in Afghanistan and sending him to the front lines of the Afghan civil war. The book describes the family living in Jeddah without air conditioning or refrigeration, treating asthma with honeycombs and onions, and eventually moving to stone huts in Tora Bora without electricity or running water in 1996. Subsequent correspondence with the Associated Press indicated that 25 bin Laden family members had moved to Iran, following U.S. involvement in Afghanistan. [ 46 ] [ 47 ] [ 48 ] [ 49 ] [ 50 ]

[edit] Death of his father

Bin Laden published a complaint on May 10, 2011, that the burial at sea of his father Osama deprived the family of a proper burial.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

YOU MUST BELIEVE THE PRESS-TITUTION! THEY ARE THE TRUTH!

• still thinking
    still thinking

Oh What-A-Coincidence....I believe EVERYTHING they say......LOL....NOT!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Disapproving Rabbits

All disapproval, all the time.

• still thinking
    still thinking

How cute are those rabbits...I like chubby....who just read the name on her food dish.....awwww...cute

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

New Yorker magazine ran an article by a prize-winning journalist who had access to deep background on the Seal team and the White House/CIA coordination. New Yorker articles are fascinating because they are in-depth. The journalist was publicizing the article on news stations and interview shows about two weeks ago. Such articles can read better than fiction. He is not covering a beat so he could work on only one story.

Such articles often become feature films. There is one drawback: New Yorker is pretty pricey. I have not visited their website but I wonder if you could pay on a one article basis.

I was not a Seal member and I do not work on the national security White House team. This is an offering to balance other offerings.

His credentials are impressive. He is a true foreign correspondent. Sometimes I don't trust White House or Congressional reporters who must not cause waves without being caught off from their sources.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit