Osama Bin Laden - The Execution of Seal Team 6

by startingover 57 Replies latest social current

• journey-on
    journey-on

I'm asking those that are SO SURE about everything....Do we KNOW for a fact that those killed on that helicopter were not part of the seal team that supposedly raided the bin Laden compound? Yes or no will do. I haven't been able to find a thing in my research.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

You don't research so good

• journey-on
    journey-on

Beks, I have not been able to find a correlation or non-correlation of names. If you have, do you mind posting the links. You're very good at insults, but I honestly would like help here.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

No member of the Bin Laden raid team was among the dead, said a Pentagon official briefed on the casualties who was not authorized to speak publicly while families still were being notified. But he said 22 of the 30 were Navy SEALs, and a significant number were members of SEAL Team 6, the unit that conducted the Bin Laden raid and is made up of just a few hundred of some of the best-trained fighters in the U.S. military. http://articles.latimes.com/2011/aug/06/world/la-fg-afghanistan-chopper-20110807

Yesterday's news that 30 U.S. troops had died when the Taliban shot down a helicopter, marking the deadliest day for Americans in the war in Afghanistan, was met with mourning across the nation. Furthermore, details emerged that 22 of the troops killed were members of Navy SEAL Team 6, the elite unit that carried out the operation that killed Osama bin Laden (although none of those who died were participants in his death themselves). Considering how few members of the armed forces are Navy SEALs, the loss was called "unbearable."

More reports are being released on the fatal operation. The U.S. Navy Seals and other troops in the helicopter were on a rescue mission, the Associated Press reports, according to two U.S. officials. They were rushed to the mountainous area in eastern Afghanistan to help a U.S. Army ranger unit that was under fire from insurgents. The rescue team had completed the mission, subdued the attackers, and were departing when their helicopter was hit. http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2011/08/tragic-details-emerge-seal-team-6s-fatal-rescue-mission/40928/

One current and one former U.S. official said that the dead included 25 Navy SEALs from SEAL Team Six, the unit that carried out the raid in Pakistan in May that killed bin Laden. They were being flown by a crew of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because families are still being notified.

A total number of 38 people died in the crash, killing 7 Afghans and one interpreter.

"We don't believe that any of the special operators who were killed were involved in the bin Laden operation," a senior U.S. military official told Fox News. http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/08/06/afghan-president-31-americans-killed-in-helicopter-crash/#ixzz1VugJTA3P

U.S. forces were engaged in a firefight on the ground and the helicopter was on its way to help, when it was shot down probably by a rocket propelled grenade, U.S. officials said.

Most of the 22 SEALs were part of SEAL Team 6, the heroic unit that carried out the raid on Osama Bin Laden's compound in May, though none of those who actually took part in that raid were believed to be on the helicopter.

U.S. special operations teams carry out up to a dozen missions a day in Afghanistan. http://abcnews.go.com/International/nato-crash-team-seal-members-killed-afghanistan/story?id=14249189

Just because it's an interesting article

Currently, there about 2,500 active Navy SEALs, and they go through some of the toughest training in the military to reach that elite level. The even more exclusive SEAL Team 6 numbers little more than 200 members, so the losses in Afghanistan amount to about 10 percent of their force. Those team members will be hard to replace

http://www.npr.org/2011/08/09/139227207/military-faces-challenge-in-rebuilding-seal-team-6

• journey-on
    journey-on

That's all I needed to know. Thank you. You found the same stuff I found. No names. Just reports. Just statements that none were THOUGHT to be those who participated in the raid. "We don't believe that any of the special operators who were killed were involved in the bin Laden operation,".....

You can't find names either. That's all I needed to know, thank you very much.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

It all sounds marvelous and ripe with conspiracy.

I guess my only question is, if Bin Ladin died years ago, why would Al-Qaeda confirm the attack and killing?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/05/06/al-qaeda-osama-050611.html

I am stretched to come up with a reason that they would confirm the killing if they know it is a blatent lie. It was a massive blow to the group, you would think that proving someone died years earlier would be rather easy to prove.. you know, by providing a DNA sample from his real body.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    the troops killed were members of Navy SEAL Team 6, the elite unit that carried out the operation that killed Osama bin Laden (although none of those who died were participants in his death themselves
    No member of the Bin Laden raid team was among the dead, said a Pentagon official briefed on the casualties who was not authorized to speak publicly while families still were being notified.

The names of the dead are all over the place. The rest of the Seals, those who still participate in operations, are classified. DUH.

I take it you buy into this idiocy JO? Perfect. I suppose your boy Glenn is all over this one, hmmmm?

• Leto
    Leto

IF the seals who were killed in the chopper WERE some of the same guys who allegedly killed bin laden, do you really think we'd admit it?

• still thinking
    still thinking

Of Course Leto..........you KNOW that govenments are ALWAYS upfront and honest about EVERYTHING.

Why on earth would they want to HIDE anything from US?

An OPEN BOOK....thats what they are

• Leto
    Leto

Still I don't get why they used Seals to go after OBL. They just aren't designed to do that stuff...They work in very small groups, and are specialized for seaborne operations. Delta Force or the Rangers would have seemed more appropriate to send.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit