Freshly dead JWs were NOT living "in the time of the end"!

by Nathan Natas 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

This is what I need my wife/family to recognize. For centuries people have had 'the feeling' they are living in 'end times'.

My question is: What is it that makes YOU feel special? Why are YOU living in the end times, and not the millions of people before you?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

marking

• Ding
    Ding

If you are in the same generation as your great-grandchild, then you are probably personally alive as long as they are even if you are actually dead.

Just thinking like the Writing Department here...

• designs
    designs

Wow I thought the title was about a sequel to the Rocky Horror Show...

• TD
    TD
    It seems obvious that poor dead Roger was NOT living in the time of the end.

-Which raises other theological questions. If Roger did not have the "Heavenly hope" then he was not one of the 144,000 and if he died before the "Great Tribulation" then he was not one of the "Great Crowd."

What was he? JW theology explicitly teaches that the heavenly hope was the only hope for Christians from Pentecost clear up until the "Time of the end."

• designs
    designs

You don't need Hope to live in the New World just a fishing pole, two smiling Lambs, and a Lion tied up in your front yard...

• afreeman
    afreeman

What was he? JW theology explicitly teaches that the heavenly hope was the only hope for Christians from Pentecost clear up until the "Time of the end."

In his latest visit to my congregation, the CO explained in one of his talks that the "Great Crowd" consists of those who make it through Armageddon. Quite similar to what Nathan Natas says in his post.

• sir82
    sir82

Yes indeedy, expect some new light soon!

New light: The "great crowd" consists of overlapping generations! Those who were gathered in 1935 "overlap" with those who will survive Armageddon. "By extension" the brilliancy of the anointed overlapment applies to the Great Crowd as well!

Praise Jah!

• TD
    TD
    In his latest visit to my congregation, the CO explained in one of his talks that the "Great Crowd" consists of those who make it through Armageddon. Quite similar to what Nathan Natas says in his post.

Yes. JW's have taught that as long as I can remember and I'm an old man.

The problem is they identified the group who had the prospect of surviving Armageddon in 1935. But you don't even have a "prospect" of surviving an event that lies outside the farthest boundaries of a human lifespan. Therefore the proximity of the end is inextricably linked to that indentification. For example:

"Especially beginning in 1935, when the identity of the "great multitude," or "great crowd," was clearly understood, large numbers of these began to manifest themselves....God's infallible Word depicts this group as 'coming out of the great tribulation,' being survivors of it, living right on into God's New Order without ever having to die. The early members of this group are now in their 60's or 70's or older. Jehovah did not allow the ingathering of this group to begin too soon. The "great crowd" including many of the earliest members thereof, will survive into the "new earth." (Survival Into A New Earth p. 184)

--Well here we are nearly thirty years later and the earlierst members of that group have passed on. Which brings us back to the question; If people like Roger were not of the "anointed" and not of the "great crowd," then what are they?

There is not a third group. To attempt to create one is to create a class of Christians that attain neither of the two salvations that JW's believe Revelation 7 describes.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

New light: The "great crowd" consists of overlapping generations!

And 40, 50 years from now those folks will be overlapped and overlapped if they try stick with 1914.

Which makes myself think they will drop this pivotal date and perhaps any acquired date in the 20th century.

The New Light doctrine is the most valuable out of all the expressed doctrines of the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit