Why does an almighty god need to prove himself to mortal subjects???

by highdose 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shechaiyah
    shechaiyah

What Ndrew said: Love does not rejoice over destruction.

In the Urantia Book, the one we call "Jehovah" is a Life Carrier.

And that can be a lonely job, always planting and never harvesting.

I've always thought of "God" as a technician checking on His work.

She--

• N.drew
    N.drew

What did they "take no note" of? Mattew 24:39

They took no note that their activity would cause the end.

The "world" is not concerned with the future.

It is not the world's fault. That's the secret. OK?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I’m a mortal man so god doesn’t need to prove himself to me. I have already accepted that I shall die that will be the end. My atoms will be recycled and one day become stardust again.

All belivers need is to meet is an immortal man and god will have proved himself to them. Waiting until they are dead for proof that they will live forever is not a smart move. I know its all about faith but evidence trumps faith in the game of life.

• designs
    designs

I'm just trying to get all of my Molecules in order

• shechaiyah
    shechaiyah

It's Anu-Naki ideology and dogma that the human Soul can be recycled.

This is why the doctrine of Resurrection is taught: that worthy Souls can get another chance at the Gold Ring.

That's what I think is true.

She--

• N.drew
    N.drew

So therefore faith=stupid. How would they know the immortal man is immortal, drop a bomb on him?

But the thing is, maybe the Bible talks about survival of everyone meaning "everlasting life".

You'll settle on definitions that you do not know. It's starting to rile me. And I'm not easily riled.

Speaking of stardust, that means you believe the sun will fail, the Earth will break up, just like

your pitiful body and THEN those pieces of you will end up out there? I like to know what people are

talking about and I wondered how you get from under ground to out-of-space. I'm I

understanding you correctly?

• designs
    designs

N.D.-

Time line for Sun to go dark- 4.5 Billion years, plenty of time to plant some nice Trees.

• shechaiyah
    shechaiyah

I believe what I believe, and that's not a big deal to me.

What's a big deal is how I can treat people better than I do; and how they treat me.

All the straining over beliefs is straining at gnats. No way.

• N.drew
    N.drew

"Time line for Sun to go dark- 4.5 Billion years, plenty of time to plant some nice Trees."

Dear designs, That is an average, right?

I can debate, I don't think Father wants me to.

• designs
    designs

Give or take a few 100,000 years, should allow us plenty of time to get everything we want to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit