Why does an almighty god need to prove himself to mortal subjects???

by highdose 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• highdose
    highdose

Lets just suspend belief for a moment and assume that we do belive in god.

He supposed to be almighty but he feels the need to prove to his mortal creations that he alone has the right to rule. He decides to do this by allowing them to suffer unspeakably for centeries. Then he sends his son to earth, so that his son can suffer unspeakably and die too.

His son dying is supposed to atone for the creations sins, but instead of calling it quits there, god allows them to continue suffering. And also ignores the fact that its his removal of his creations perfection that makes them sin anyway.

No the almightly who should answer to no one feels the need to sooth his brusied ego by seeing untold suffering on a daily basis. Just so that he can sit in heavens and declare "see!? i told you so!" and " why are you whining? its good for you! teaches you sinners a lesson!"

Can i ask if theres any parents here who if say insulted by a neighbour, would decide to make their childrens life hell just to somehow prove a point?

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Because he's made up by bronze age goatherds with a spite.

• talesin
    talesin

Because he's a perverted SOB,,,, he could take a few lessons from the IPU!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isV0qR-CKeQ

• glenster
    glenster

Why does an almighty god need to prove himself to mortal subjects???

He wouldn't--God's prerogative.

Suffer, etc.--same appreciation of a chance to live, good and bad, God or not.
    I've been either over the years and wouldn't edit that to a characterization
    of just suffering either way. It's not a deciding factor.

And also ignores the fact that its his removal of his creations perfection that
    makes them sin anyway.

The idea isn't it's ignored but He would see like any of us that people are less
    than perfect, not intrinsicly deserving a heavenly place, in having free will
    and a self to indulge but common human selfishness being appropriately named,
    etc., believing in God or not. A God concept would have Him notice it. "Makes"
    them sin as a blanket statement is forced either way, though.

teaches you sinners a lesson!

Anyone can see the follies of the human race in Google News, etc., that the idea
    of an all-beneficent God would be as improbable as an all-beneficent human race
    that deserves one, believing in God or not.

There seems to be more humor in imagining a God looking at the human race
    cynically than being cynical that he isn't as all-beneficent as humans deserve--
    just my subjective reaction. I think it's why Peter Sellers preferred the OT
    God, as strange as that may seem to an understandng of the NT God being more
    user-friendly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVG957gzYK8

• N.drew
    N.drew

To Highdose-it seems to me you are resting your conclusion on

the Jehovah's Witness belief that ;

"He supposed to be almighty but he feels the need to prove to his mortal creations that he alone has the right to rule. He decides to do this by allowing them to suffer unspeakably for centeries."

They say the sin Eve did was to take the "power to rule" for herself. I think they are wrong.

That is not why Eve believed Satan. I'm not telling you why, I already did. I am sure it is

for everyone to know "this means everlasting life". It is not hidden.

The other posters are correct. God need not prove Himself.

That brings up another BIG problem. If circumstances proceed according to

the unplan of JWs then when the world is destroyed the JW will rejoice

and anyone with their brain left on will say "that is not LOVE" because

love does not rejoice over destruction, but they will say "God's Name is sanctified"

and anyone with heart left over will think "How do you know HOW God feels RIGHT NOW?

And they will stare at (pronoun) with a horrifing blank stare, and then (pronoun)

will pray "how long?" It is a serious problem. Are you laughing? nO? Good.

You may laugh if it's funny. But this is not funny. It's serious. I mean it. It is.

Really.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Why the suffering? For God?

Because gods were invented by primitive people and the first gods were ANYTHING that can KILL YOU. The great predator cats, whatever makes lightning and thunder, whatever causes or witholds rain, the volcano inside that nearby mountain. All those sorts of things became gods BECAUSE THEY CAN KILL YOU. So the M.O. of the people was from the very beginning: DON'T PISS OFF THOSE GODS - APPEASE THEM. How? Well, since their godhood rests in their power to kill, perhaps if we pre-empt the killing of the gods they/he/she will be appeased and not kill ALL of us, or more importantly, ME.

There's the beginning of religion and the basis for all of it ever since.

• N.drew
    N.drew

There's the difference between false religion and true, can I say religion?,

probably not, but I don't know what to call it.

False religion teaches to look after number one "me",

True religion teaches to look after "all of us", Earth too.

Sometimes "me" is viewed as "mine", but it is the same.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

The more I go along the more I see that God is just an easy, explanation of why things are the way they are. The ancients couldn't fathom how life got here along with many other subjects so they just gave a cure all to all of their questions. Create some sort of supernatural being that could create everything and would be the answer to everything. Also, God helped keep people in line back then. Now we have reasonable answers to questions that were previous answered by saying "God did it". It's no wonder many are leaving the shackles of religion.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Oh? I have insulted the survivors of Arma-frikin-geddon?

That is interesting. There is somebody already there "on the other side"?

Yes, my dear, that is funny. You may laugh. I can call you dear, can I?

We all need friends. I have a friend. You know what's funny?

When somebody laughs and cries at the same time. I have seen it.

• N.drew
    N.drew

God is judge. To be viewing one's self as "picked" for survival is

to be knowing the activity of the heaven Matthew 24:37-41, that would

be making yourself equal to God. You are not saying you are sure?

The message, how I understood it, is if one is faithfully following

the faithful discrete slave at the time of the separation, then they

are sure as any human can be sure, that it means salvation to life.

But how I understand it is salvation is the will of God, then AFTER

comes accurate knowledge. Salvation TO accurate knowledge,

not accurate knowledge TO salvation. See why I have only one friend?

Because you all are still in Babylon. Why do you not get out? Because I'm out?

I won't bother you. OK?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit