Special Meetings with GB+ Scheduled for October in Patterson and Assembly Halls

by happyexjw 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

'incited to try harder so that maybe one day they too can be part of the inner sphincter'

I love it open mind...........ROFL

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

A letter was read last week at our KH which stated this was considered a "zone visit". Apparently elders, special and regular pioneers were invited. In addition to holding the meeting in Patterson, the GB was going to set up remote audio/video locations around the country and broadcast the last 2 Saturdays in October. The letter stated the tickets are not transferrable. The criteria for returned tickets to be re-issued was according to how long you have been baptized. This opportunity would give the older ones in the KH a chance to attend. I found out we were invited and asked my husband if I can sell them? I wonder how much an eager JW would pay to attend. I want to decline and not waste my precious Saturday.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

One of my inside sources in Bethel told me that the focus on October 22 will be whether or not those who perished in Sodom and Gomorrah will be resurrected. The October 29 talks will revolve around what time of the day Jesus died.

Rub a Dub

• Gayle
    Gayle

thx, RubaDub,,good one!

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I'm sure most of my family will be invited to this "zone visit". I went to one in another country years ago and thought I was going hear something special. It was just a bunch of service reports, experiences and court winnings from around the world and a special talk on what we can learn from Job.

I remember thinking that the information could have waited until the next public assembly or convention. Its was like the special day assembly...you know, there was nothing special about it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Send out the search party...................

The whole 'overlap tour' (I like that), will just be more boasting, bluster and a hollow waste of time!

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Thanks for the heads up Rubadub. :)

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

yeah, same old trick. Special meetings

Special announcements

Special "light"

Special spiritual ones

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

SPESHUL NEEDS

• steve2
    steve2
    yeah, same old trick. Special meetings
    Special announcements
    Special "light"
    Special spiritual ones

In my country, "a special" is a supermarket product that attracts a heavily discounted price for a few days because it's a slow mover at its usual (overly-inlated) price. By this definition, the GB has got one thing right .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit