Special Meetings with GB+ Scheduled for October in Patterson and Assembly Halls

by happyexjw 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

In the letter to congregations about this special arrangement, it mentioned that in addition to elders, their spouses and pioneers, some faithful older ones may receive invites as well. Tickets - yes, tickets - will be sent out and if any of the lucky chosen ones decide they cannot attend, they will have to give back their ticket so that someone else can attend.

This has a very Willy Wonka feel to it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Sounds like a way to make them feel special and more fully dedicated to the cult by simply giving them another assembly to go to.

I wouldn't doubt if it was loaded with procedural nonsense disguised as new light.

• ziddina
    ziddina

"Willy Wonka"????

Sounds suspiciously secretive, to me...

I'm hopeful that an undercover "brother" will fill us in, after this meeting has taken place... As long as they can do so, without exposing themselves... That might be a technique to smoke out "apostates" - give info out in each meeting, but add one significant item that varies from place to place....

Then watch the apostate boards and see which location's "special" version shows up...

Yeah, I know... I've been reading too much "Spy vs Spy"...

spy

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

How happifying!

I wonder what they'll find to brag about?

How close we must be to the end?

Give the GB more cash?

Some innane cobblers about the growth in Abung Bunga land?

We're broke so join the Moonies?

• designs
    designs

How much are the Tickets

• sir82
    sir82

If it's anything like the "ooooohhh, special invite only" meeting they had 10 years ago, it will be dreadfully boring.

Lots of "reports from around the world" about how the annual quota of tractor production is being exceeded the "good news" is being preached...lots of self-congratulation....lots of "aren't we glad, brothers, that we SERVE JEHOVAH-AH-AH-AH?!?!?" followed by rapturous applause...lots of opportunities for GB members, as visiting speakers, to soak up adulation, free dinners, and green handshakes....

Overall a thoroughly depressing affair.

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Willy Wonka, as in, golden ticket, sneak peak, meet the men behind the magic, etc.

That letter seemed like it was intended to create buzz and demand for an event that very few will get to enjoy.

"We're pleased to announce a special privilege direct from Jehovah and Jesus' favorite future angels, The Governing Body! Were doing all these special meetings...(blah blah blah) and it's going to be SOOOOOO AWESOME! Aren't you exicted?! Wouldn't you love to attend?! Well, too bad, because only the cream of the organizational crop get a ticket to the Big Show. Better luck next time, suckers!"

Carrying on the Willy Wonka theme, Undercover Brother = Slugworth. New Light = the recipe for Everlasting Gobstoppers.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Of course, elders and the regular publishers are equal in Jehovahs eyes but not in the GBs eyes apparently.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Governing Body "Overlap Tour 2011", Northern California update:

I have received confirmation from elders in six different congregations, spanning 3 Northern California counties.

NO ONE in any of these six scattered congregations has received an invitation.

My first thought was that the 3 assembly halls serving this area (Yuba City, Fairfield and Fremont) were already booked for those weekends?

But now I don't think so. JWs are usually better organized when it comes to this kind of thing.

Has anyone else heard of any invitations going to Nor Cal congregations?

This is so discouraging that I think it might put a damper on my meeting attendance.

om

• Mary
    Mary
    GB, Branch Committee members, and Zones Overseers will give special talks!!!

How exciting! Golly....I wonder what these special talks will be about??!! Perhaps the GB members have switched to super-absorbent Depends and they want to encourage others to make the switch too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit