Special Meetings with GB+ Scheduled for October in Patterson and Assembly Halls

by happyexjw 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• happyexjw
    happyexjw
    Apologies if this has already been discussed, but saw this on the FB Jehovahs witnesses, new, library, history page and wondered if anyone knew anything about it or has any idea what it could be about Date: August 17, 2011 5:38:59 PM CDT To: The Librarian <[email protected]>
    Looks like Jehovah's Chariot is moving rapidly now!!

Dear Friends,

It was announced this morning at the Bethel table that there
    will be two special meetings on October 22 and 29 from Patterson and
    all of the assembly halls and selected Kingdom Halls in the US will be
    tied in!!! GB, Branch Committee members, and Zones Overseers will
    give special talks!!! Will fill you in with more details as I get
    them.

The Librarian jw-archive.org

Robyn Reports: This was announced at our service meeting last night. It is by special invitation only starting with Elders and their baptized spouse and pioneers.

Happyexjw

• sir82
    sir82

Wonderful - another excuse for "appointed men" to feel all special & gooey inside.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I love the way they treat elders and pioneers as special.......Did Jesus ever hold meetings with just a select few people (With the exception of his meetings with the apostles)......but, are they not allowing annointed sisters to attend if they are not pioneers? What about annointed brothers who aren't elders?

I remember when the JW book came out in about 1993....It was only given to Elders, MS's and Pioneers. My wife and I couldn't get one at the convention, because we weren't able to pioneer. This is one thing that disturbs me and always has.

• ziddina
    ziddina

How much do you want to bet that this is another "special" meeting about keeping the congregation "clean" and preventing the Rank & File from doing on-line research...??

• No Room For George
    No Room For George
    Wonderful - another excuse for "appointed men" to feel all special & gooey inside.

LOL

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Information Control:

Compartmentalization of information; Outsider vs. Insider doctrines

a. Information is not freely accessible
    b. Information varies at different levels and missions within pyramid
    c. Leadership decides who "needs to know" what

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hopefully some of the undercover elders on-board will keep us posted... Please and Thank You!

Zid

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Isn't that usually the time for the annual meeting anyway? Probably the usual trial balloon or two floated, I remember the "overlapping generation" stuff posted here a few days after it was in the annual meeting, then lo and behold it came out three months later in the WT.

The average JW can't expain/doesn't even know about overlapping generations to this day. Again, us "apostates" keep up with Jehovah's chariot much better than average Joe JW.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

They had on in Sept of 2001, just days after the 9-11 attacks. Ours was held at Pontiac Michigan.

WHAT A JOKE! They were practically frisking us at the door for recording devices and cameras. It was built up for weeks with special invitations to only certain congregations, elders, etc. We went, we sit, and THERE WAS PRECISELY ZERO 'NEW INFORMATION', which is what they said it would be.

We kept waiting. Four or five hours of Lett and the other GB member [black guy, can't recall his name], one talk after another. Finally in the last few minutes we thought they would now release the 'nu light' we were expecting. NOTHING! Song and Prayer, and then a long drive home wondering just what the hell happened./What was the Big Deal?

It was interesting though, that the police were on top of the dome with rifles and binoculars, since the entire nation was expecting further terrorist activity. But that was the most memorable part of the whole goddammed thing.

Jeff

• happyexjw
    happyexjw

Thank you for your thoughts and comments.

Happyexjw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit