My study teacher just text me.....do I ignore it, or give her a great one liner?

by Pams girl 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

O my life she just sent me another text message!!!!

Shes taken at least 3 hours, so she must have had a good ol chin wag with her MS husband................................

Quote" Paula, Jehovah gives us free will. Dont understand what you mean about the understandings. The truth is PROGRESS and a way of life, NOT a religion, but you know that dont you. Take care of yourselves."

CHARMING!!!!!!!! Seems I was seriously misplaced thinking she was ever my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!! " I dont know what you mean about the GB joining the UN for a library card!!"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Dont
    (Translation = Won't)

understand what you mean about the understandings. The truth is PROGRESS

progress isn't flip-flops and changes in doctrine when the scriptures have been there all the time and haven't changed. This is typical WTB$ spin sadly)

and a way of life, NOT a religion,
    (True! It's a cult)

Looks like closure for now at least!!

Well done Paula!

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

I just sent back "You dont know that the GB joined the UN for a library card? Ask your husband! Its common knowledge"

I was getting a bit angry.

I also sent..To be honest, I havent felt comfortable in the Ogmore Vale congregation since I found out about all the extra-marital affairs and drug taking"

She replied "You dont know the full picture, you dont know what youre talking about"

GGGRRRRRRRR

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I suggest ignoring her from now on.

You've said your piece, you even said there was no need for her to reply. Yet she did. You can't control what she does, but you can control what you do about this. Delete her messages if it helps create closure, and go and do something nice for yourself and DO NOT think about her.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    GB joined the UN for a library card

When they came out there was a letter to the body of elders. It should be in the secretary's file in proof.

She just wants to stay asleep in her dream world.

You dont know the full picture, you dont know what youre talking about

This is an 'ad hominem' or 'attack the person' rather than face the argument. You've rattled her cage!

Walk away, let her go and if she wakes up all the better. If not well, you can't win 'em all!!

• still thinking
    still thinking

I'm not sure I understand what reaction you thought she was going to have after you text her. Are you just angry because you thought you had a friendship but have discovered it was ONLY about the WTS?

Thats pretty upsetting...and disappointing for you to realise when you believed it was a real friendship.

I was disappointed too when I found this out myself....took a bit of getting my head around....that people could behave like that...but hey...their loss.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Yes, st, I DID think she was my friend I guess.

I didnt like her comment "You dont know what youre talking about".......How the HELL does she know what I KNOW?

Seems like I CALLED HER BLUFF THOUGH>>>>>>>>> I threw in the comment about extra-marital affairs. I have no evidence whatsoever that this is the case. But it seems like there ARE extramarital affairs going on........"If you are talking about M... and E........, you dont know the full picture!"....WELL WELL WELL, so all IS NOT WELL IN GODS CLEAN ORGANISATION AFTER ALL!

Ok, I got carried away. I didnt handle it well in the end. Im DONE NOW. Im going to go read some TERRY PRATCHETT now and get back to the real world....

• Ding
    Ding
    CHARMING!!!!!!!! Seems I was seriously misplaced thinking she was ever my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think of a JW study conductor the way you think of a door-to-door salesperson.

They are your "friend" as long as they think you might be willing to buy what they are selling.

Once you tell them for certain that you aren't going to buy, the atmosphere chills quickly.

Remember, in her mind there is no legitimate reason for a person not to become a JW.

You can't control what she does, but you can control what you do about this. Delete her messages if it helps create closure, and go and do something nice for yourself and DO NOT think about her.

This is great advice.

Why aggravate yourself any further?

You didn't buy the product.

The sales lady is unhappy.

That's her problem, not yours.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Thanks Ding Duly noted.

• still thinking
    still thinking

say hi to Luggage for me...always liked that little fella....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit