My study teacher just text me.....do I ignore it, or give her a great one liner?

by Pams girl 50 Replies latest jw friends

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Im a little upset, not sure why.

It's probably because what you've done is not easy. Also you're a nice person and hate to think you might have upset someone.

But you've still done the right thing . . . for both of you.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

You did FINE. Please don't stress, what you said was on the point but kind.

No, you won't be announced as "disannounced" because they only do that with baptised ppl.

As for the lass, she may be a bit disappointed, but she's a grown girl and she can handle that. Look at it like a romantic r'ship (for lack of a better example) - it's better to find out before you get married that a couple aren't suited for each other, rather than after the marriage vows. Likewise, it's best to know now that the JWs isn't for you than to go thru the whole rigmarole of getting baptised etc, and then realise that it was all a mistake.

Hold your head high, Paula. You stood up for yourself and you did it with class and dignity. Well done!!

• dm6
    dm6

It sounded very sincere, as well as Firm but in a nice way. You clearly were good friends with her. but im sure she will get the message that you are done with it. In the long run you have done yourself a MASSIVE favour by sending this text.

Dont worry about anxiety too much, its natural to feel that im sure. just keep re assuring yourself that you have done the right thing because you HAVE.

Well done to you !

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Pam's Girl! Me ol'duck. If you were just a study there won't be any announcement or anything.

Before they announce anything you'd need to be craptized, have written a forml letter or been hauled into the KH back room and interrogated by 3 over-sneers.

If you were an 'uncraptized publisher', again 2 or 3 over-sneers need to have hounded and bullied you first before any kind of announcement.

Fret not!

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Thanks guys, you always make me feel a whole lot better. I appreciate all of you.

• sizemik
    sizemik

LOL Paula! . . . we must have been posting on each others threads simultaneously.

I'm sure you're feeling a bit better about things now.

In a couple of days . . . you'll feel even better

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Yes MS, I will feel better in a day or two Im sure.

I couldnt resist the tiniest of digs.......will she notice????? "Thanks for studying the WT with me".................not the Bible. I wonder if it will go over her head. Oh well, its DONE and DUSTED now as we say here in the UK. Time to move on folks!

• sizemik
    sizemik

The good thing about a text, is she can read it more than once . . . I think she'll get the message.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Hi pams girl.

Glad to hear you've got that one sorted out. Hope you had a good time at the beach too.

Best wishes

jlp

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    "Thanks for studying the WT with me".................not the Bible. I wonder if it will go over her head.

Yup! It sure will!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit