My study teacher just text me.....do I ignore it, or give her a great one liner?

by Pams girl 50 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Just remember....when you are studying, they all love you and are over you like ants on sugar melting in the hot sun. When you quit studying, where are they? They can't be bothered with you. That should tell you something.

If you progress to the point of baptism, then you are on your own again. The huggy-kissy friendship goes by the wayside since they cannot count time anymore.

HappyDad

• Scully
    Scully

You could reply with something sarcastic... like this....

Hi there, I'm doing gr8 now that I found S8n and devoted myself to serve him always. TY so much for helping me find the truth. We're having a ceremony at my place on Friday night, where we will be sacrificing a chicken to S8n's glory. Would love it if you could come! xoxox

• shepherd
    shepherd

She asked how you are, so say you are very happy. JWs seem to think anyone not in their Org. is sad.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Is something happening that she needs my bum on a seat for?

She's probably being judged or gossiped about for not doing enough! Maybe she misses the prestige that comes with having a study? Maybe she needs more 'return visits'.

She ended the study because she said shed taught me all she knew now

All she knows? Translation = Obey the Governing Body. Do MORE. Paradise is coming SOON* you can live by a waterfall and own a pet monkey!

*(Terms and conditions apply and are subject to 'overlapping' or ‘New Light’TM or which ever makes the GB look like God!)

• dm6
    dm6

let me at her, ill sort out your problem for an overly large fee.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Perhaps she needs the new Washtowel some of us produced or the new 'Asleep!' that is in production. (Just advertizing sorry)

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

Answer should be with a full welsh lilt

"not tonight luv, i'm sweating!"

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Why not keep it casual and cool, but definite. Like " Hi, thanks, but honestly, I know now that this really is not for me. Thanks for all your efforts, but I am truly not interested. Not at all. And that's it. Bye."

Or words to that effect.

That's if you are 100% sure. If any part of you is still wondering, then personally I don't think you should be swayed by JWN any more than you should be swayed by her. That's just my view.

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

I would either go with "Hi, I am doing well! Life is wonderful, isn't it?" or no response at all. If you can't pull off the "I'm so happy" bit, then ignore. You don't have to explain and she didn't ask for an explanation. Treat it as if she were a long lost friend and think about whether you want her back in your life, all things considered. Good luck!

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU YOU POSTED YOUR COMMENTS.

I FINALLY PLUCKED UP THE COURAGE TO SEND HER A REPLY 5 MINUTES AGO.

"Hi L......, just got credit, sorry for delay in replying. Im very well thanks, hope you are too. L......, I want to thank you for all the time you invested studying the WT with me, but Ive decided the JW religion is not for me. I cannot agree on the overlapping generations teaching, and cannot reconcile with the fact the GB joined the U.N and committed spiritual adultery. You are a wonderful girl, and I wish you love and best wishes. No need to reply to this text. Take care xxxxx"

It just sorta flowed out of me. I definately took on board I had to firmly say "no more".....I certainly didnt want her turning up with a sister trying to talk me round.Let the dirty looks in the street begin.

Im a little upset, not sure why. Heart palpatations and anxiety HIGH.

Oh well, its done. I hope I didnt upset her too badly, never intended to hurt her feelings? WILL THEY ANNOUNCE AT KH IM DISSACCOCIATED NOW??????????/

I am free.

NUGGET I NEED YOU TO SAY SOMETHING CALM AND RATIONAL.......NUGGET, CALLING NUGGET...... Or anyone.......????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit