Toddler accidentally shoots woman dead in Idaho Walmart

by nicolaou 101 Replies latest social current

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

coalize if you want to simply surrender to every big tough threatening guy that want to do harm to you and your property that is your right.  Others refuse to go quietly into the night.

But then again surrender is the French way is it not?

• coalize
    coalize

I prefer surrender and live than make the proud and die....

That's the way that american never understand... That's why they come and die like flies!

For your information : some americans really have to stop to think that real life is a shitty hollywood movie :)

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

Coalize why didn't the strict gun laws in France prevent this robber from getting guns?

Contrary to popular belief most of the United States is VERY safe and becoming even safer by the day.   Gun related crime is down almost by half over the last two decades.     Yes we do have a gang problem in a few urban areas.   However if you are not in those areas and/or not affiliated with gangs, America is just as safe as any European country.

Are you also afraid of going to Switzerland?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Finkelstine   convicted felons loose many rights, not just the right to bare arms.  They loose the right to vote and they loose their right not to be searched.

Oh so you can create applicable laws for gun ownership, which goes against the constitution.   

You've expressed a real problem in the US and that is the over preponderance of the sale and distribution of guns.

Until just recently in many States a criminal could simply buy a gun at gun sale swap meet with just an ID card stating their age, with no background criminal check .

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

little_Socrates  says .....  

coalize if you want to simply surrender to every big tough threatening guy that want to do harm to you and your property that is your right.  Others refuse to go quietly into the night.

That's exactly what I was referring to, in that there are so many known owners of guns in the States,

people feel compelled to have to compensate that realization by owning guns themselves.

Circler reasons comes into effect.   

• coalize
    coalize
    Coalize why didn't the strict gun laws in France prevent this robber from getting guns?

Because they are criminals...

Are you also afraid of going to Switzerland?

That is a relevant question !

The big difference between switzerland and USA, is that you can't buy a gun at the cornershop. Only well-trained military conscript have the right to keep a gun home. It's a country where everybody is a militian, because they don't really have an army, because of their historical statut of neutrality.

And only 0.52 for 100 000 annual rate by gun homicide (but it's still more than in France).

And all the guns are considered like "service weapons". You can use it only if the governement, by decret is authorizing you to use it! In case of state emergency! You can't use it at all for protecting your material goods...

Then the switzerland is a perfect counter-exemple of your position, in fact... 

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

"Because they are criminals"   That is my point exactly!   Gun control doesn't keep the bad guys from getting guns.

I brought up Switzerland because many here suggest simple gun ownership leads to violence.   Switzerland proves that that is not the case.  As a matter of fact assault weapons and automatic weapons are probably more available there than they are in the states.   Switzerland proves that the problem is culture NOT gun ownership.

• coalize
    coalize
    Gun control doesn't keep the bad guys from getting guns

I didn't notice that the free gun policy on the USA keep them from getting them anyway.

I brought up Switzerland because many here suggest simple gun ownership leads to violence.   Switzerland proves that that is not the case.  As a matter of fact assault weapons and automatic weapons are probably more available there than they are in the states.   Switzerland proves that the problem is culture NOT gun ownership.

Nothing to see. In switzerland they have one of the more strong social policies in the world. That's the deal. There's almost no poor.

If you want to decrease singnificantly the criminality, increase all the social policies in USA.... Nobody  will need gun no more ..

In france, we made a lot of statistical studies and you can check, the increase of criminilaty is totally correlated at the decrease of social policies.

If you want to fight criminality, fight poverty first.. the rest is unuseful!

• nicolaou
  • KateWild
    KateWild

It's interesting that in this case although the parents are victims they are being investigated and may be held culpable. I think it is the parents responsibility to make sure a child cannot easily get hold of a fire arm. Too many people are too complaisant about guns.

Kate xx 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit