Toddler accidentally shoots woman dead in Idaho Walmart

by nicolaou 101 Replies latest social current

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

A woman has been shot dead by a 2-year-old in a Wal-Mart store in Idaho.

The 29-year-old was shopping with four children in the store in Hayden, when the two-year-old reached into her handbag and fired the weapon, shooting her dead.

Initial reports suggested the woman was the boy's mother, but the police have said that this is as yet unclear how they are related.

Source; http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/toddler-accidentally-shoots-woman-in-idaho-walmart-9950847.html

I've nothing to add to my past comments on Americas psychotic relationship with guns. Not all Americans of course, just the idiots who think a nation flooded with firearms is preferable to one free of them.

Nic'

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    At this point it's probably too late for USA to not be flooded with guns.  The criminals would hide them if ever tried to remove them all. Unlike the countries that have very few. 
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    How awful!
  • prologos
    prologos
    what danger was she expecting to have the piece on hair trigger? safety off?
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I don't get why anyone would need to carry a gun around, especially if they had a toddler. You are more likely to be shot by someone you know than by a stranger, and this is one of the reasons why. 
  • cult classic
    cult classic
    Better her than the toddler. 
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Amen!
  • Scully
    Scully

I really hope that kid gets some therapy. He'll need it.

What kind of an idiot keeps a loaded gun, with its safety off, in an open purse accessible to a 2 year old?

Sometimes stupid sorts itself out. 

• mikeypants
    mikeypants

There are idiots everywhere. One fewer idiot now.

Not sure what that has to do with gun rights. For every crazy idiotic moron with a gun there are 10 thousand responsible ones. But you don't hear about those.

I agree there should be tighter gun controls and regulations though. Yes, the perfect world (paradise maybe? ) would be one without weapons but that isn't reality. The reality is I need a gun in my home to protect my family because criminals exist. Bottom line.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Who said anything about gun rights?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit