Questions that were never answered for me

by WasOnceBlind 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

If god is love, why does he allow so much suffering? From what I remember their main answer was that it started in Eden when Satan challenged Gods right to rule. However, I refuse to believe that a God of Love would let billions thru history suffer and die just to prove a point!
    Ask any believer if God is fallible, can make mistakes, or be in the wrong, they will say no. Why not? Because He wouldn't be God otherwise. In other words, it's self-evidently true, an axiom. But if that is the case then He doesn't need to prove anything. All He needed to say was, 'Satan, you're wrong, end off.' The fact that He felt the need to prove himself is in itself an error, for axioms do not need proving, therefore He can make mistakes. The logic of the JW explanation for suffering introduced this paradox, mind you, other explanations are no better.
  • joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I always thought the same thing about Jesus' sacrifice. I never saw it as a compelling piece of evidence that it meant God had love for mankind. I have had discussions about it with various people of different faiths yet 3 days is apparently long enough for them. Yes his manner of death was bad but how can it be a real sacrifice if he didn't permanently give his life in payment of the so-called ransom? No offense to those here who continue to have faith, but I feel so much more at peace as an atheist...

All those other questions are just the witnesses' attempt at standing out as "different" and showing they alone are god's "true" chosen ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit