Questions that were never answered for me

by WasOnceBlind 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WasOnceBlind
    WasOnceBlind

I have always been a very rational and thoughtful person. There where always questions I had growing up regarding things I was taught. Of course asking questions while being a JW is a big NO NO! I thought I would post some up:

Why are we not allowed to have beards?

Why no tattoos is mosaic law is over?

If god is love, why does he allow so much suffering? From what I remember their main answer was that it started in Eden when Satan challenged Gods right to rule. However, I refuse to believe that a God of Love would let billions thru history suffer and die just to prove a point!

Why no birthdays? (their explanations are super shaky)

Is earth is 6k years old, whats up with Dinosaurs? Cavemen?

I had many more, these are just some that come to mind.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

WOB: Why are we not allowed to have beards?

Here's a thread on that you might like from one of my favorite posters:

BEARDS: Why JW men don't have them

• WasOnceBlind
    WasOnceBlind
    Oubliette20 minutes agoWOB: Why are we not allowed to have beards?
    Here's a thread on that you might like from one of my favorite posters:
    BEARDS: Why JW men don't have them

Oh, yeah I now know why. These are just examples of questions that weren't answered for me when I was in the "truth." All those questions and more I have found answers for.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The most telling questions that I actually asked of Elders many years ago concerned the "Prophecy" of Daniel, I wrote out several copies and handed them to the B.O.E containing, if memory serves 12 questions.

All were logical questions, like how the hell could 1260 days not actually start and finish on 1260 days, or 2300 or whatever it was.

One "prophecy" was supposed to have ended on the Saturday of one of Rutherford's conventions, what on earth happened on that Saturday to fulfil a Bible prophecy ? (answer -Zilch).

The other Biggie was, if the "prophetic" years (2520) were 360 days long, how come that ends up 37and three quarter years short of 1914 ? and if they were 365 and a quarter days long, how so ?

Not one Elder out of the 6 or 7 on the Body at the time could answer.

And yet I still stuck with the religion for a lot of years. What a fool I was.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Not one Elder out of the 6 or 7 on the Body at the time could answer.

And yet I still stuck with the religion for a lot of years. What a fool I was.

And trust me, Phizzy, they were laughing between themselves that YOU were the ridiculous & foolish one. What the hell do YOU think you know better than God's Organization?

Sorry to say, I know that because I've been a participant in those chuckles.

Doc

A person will never see TTATT while they insist on keeping their eyes closed.

• millie210
    millie210

I know what you mean oncewasblind.

I always wondered why Jesus dying was such a big deal. He was only dead 3 days and he KNEW his Father would resurrect him, so why was it so HUGE?

You would have thought I was committing a great sacrilege even to ask a question!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The answers to ANY questions a witness has is:

SHUT THE F#%k UP, AND LISTEN OBEY AND BE BLESSED.

There is no room for logical thought, or genuine reasoning ability within the org.

• millie210
    millie210

And dont forget!

Its a cult! LOL

• defender of truth
    defender of truth
    If god is love, why does he allow so much suffering? From what I remember their main answer was that it started in Eden when Satan challenged Gods right to rule. However, I refuse to believe that a God of Love would let billions thru history suffer and die just to prove a point!

Hi WasOnceBlind.

This thread discusses this issue in depth from both sides, particularly on the topic of innocent animals suffering. Please read it sometime, and feel free to post your thoughts on it, if you have any..

www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/222352/theists-why-does-god-allow-suffering

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Millie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit