How old were you when...

by agent zero 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

13 and 31....(odd flip flop of numbers there)

CHG

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

19 and 55

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Never baptised. When I was 6 someone knocked on our door and my dad wouldn't listen to what they had to say. I asked my dad why we wouldn't listen to them if we expected them to listen to us? He said because we had the truth and they did not. I knew better than to say it but my thought was, 'but they think they have the truth and we do not, too.' I still believed to a degree because I was young and taught to believe, but I don't think I ever really believed 100%. I told my dad at 13 that I didn't believe any more. He told me I was no longer his daughter. :)

• Diest
    Diest

18 and 29

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

19 and 23.

I got baptized at 19 in 1972.

I found out the truth about the troof four years later in 1976.

Thank God they gave me an escape clause, escape date.

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

19 and 27

• andys
    andys

I was raised in the borg, was baptized at 13 yrs old, this year 33 yrs old is when I started to do research, there was things along the way that happened in a years time that started to disengage me from the truth of the truth, last summer I was still living with my parents, my dad would tell me that he was going to force me to go to meetings, I thought something is not quite right, then when i moved out of the house in November I was doing my laundry at the laundermat and my sister and mother see my vehicle parked at the laundermat, they come into the laundermat and tell me that I am going to die at armededon since I was not going to meetings or service, when my sister and mother were using the terms I was going to die i could see in the corner of my eye people looking at my sister and mother like they were crazy, that disengaged me further, then in Febuarary 2011 I did research, read the book Crisis of Conscience and just into 80 pages of the book is when the whole deck of cards came crashing down all at once and now today I am alot more happier, the most happiest I ever been, for any of the JW's on here reading about all our experiences all I can say is once you get to the other side mentally its 100 times better:)

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

16. 25 when I had suspected things weren't right. 30 when I dove in head first and realized the ugly truth

• Lore
    Lore

13 and 31....(odd flip flop of numbers there)

Maybe you should be glad you weren't baptised at 19 then?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

17/24

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit