• zoiks
    zoiks

12 and 31

• ballistic
    ballistic

15 and 22.

• ballistic
    ballistic

As a regular pioneer I feel like I wasted HOURS but when I look back on it like, 15, 22, I got away lightly.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

baptized: 18

waking up was gradually from maybe 23 onwards. full blown atheist by 26.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I was 19 almost 20 when I got dipped and 23 almost 24 when I DA ed. I was only baptised for 4 years. I was born in though so I was a late bloomer in JW land.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My mom was baptized at fourteen and expelled from school which broke her heart. She make it very clear that regardless of my cousins getting baptized at 11 or 12, dedication was a serious commitment for life. She announced that she deeply regret her baptism and forbade it under her roof. When we were 35 or 40, we would be matured enough for the decision. So my cousins got brownie points and I lost.

The brothers were functionally illiterate. When I was in fifth grade, they made a very obvious, serious reading comprehension mistake. It was the E,mperor's New Clothes. God gave me my brain to read properly yet they were the Holy Spirit and the only utterly unforgiveable sin is against the Holy Spirit. I could not discuss it. My mom worked nights. I told her and she told me not to worry about being killed by the Holy Spirit for n oticicing.

The Beatles came to the States when I was in sixth grade. It was love and devotion at first sight. Soon I heard of Dylan. I dreamed of being a Peace Corps volunteers but soon I sneaked out of the house to work for antiwar candidates and no decent person supported the Peace Corps. The more I became aware of the world, (antipoverty funds allowed me to see B'way plays and attend Lincoln Center events), I saw little that evil. My loved ones would all die at A., especially me b/c I had no belief. So I utterly despised them from age 11. My father would kick and pinch me in front of all at the KH. I was literally dragged. No one could believe I was once a Witness. They laughed it was so absurd. I was not the type. Father died when I was 16 and preparing to go to court and a foster family to finish school and attend college - even leaving my mom and sibs. He died. I breathed. My mom told me to get ready for KH and laid down the law at the top of my lungs. I picked up the phone and handed it to her to call the police. They could handcuff me. My family went one more time. The last anyone ever heard of KH. We adopted a perfect puppy. Life was great.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

baptized at 16

mentally left at 26

physically left at 41

disfellowshipped at 43

• flipper
    flipper

I was 13 when I got baptized.

44 when I stopped attending meetings and quit for good. Life has been great since ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Grew up in it, never baptized, 45 when I woke up and realized they were not the "truth". Talk about a slow learner haha.

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

14 and 28

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit