How old were you when...

by agent zero 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

13 and 33...

...was pushing my doubts aside, hoping for "new light"!!!

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Baptised at 13y-discovered the real 'truth' at 40y

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Baptized at 17, DF'ed at 44...never really "felt" it.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Baptized: 10

Born-again thinker: 26

DF'd for apostasy: 32

Looking through the numbers on this thread, there seem to be a lot of mid-late 20s listed. Could be total coincidence, among numerous other factors, but I thought this was an interesting point in the wiki "intelligence quotient" entry:

"The peak of capacity for both fluid intelligence and crystallized intelligence occurs at age 26. This is followed by a slow decline. [ 39 ]"

(This also confirms that I'm getting dumber by the minute.)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Born in the cancer.

Craptized 13

Woke up 51

Sadly he who laughs last thinks slowest.

I'd probably still be in if not for the internet!! No wonder the GB are so edgy about it.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

(This also confirms that I'm getting dumber by the minute.)

Du Fromage, I figured my mental decline was due to copious amounts of cheap booze.

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyuuummmmmmmmmmmm........... you got baptized at 10???

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Baptized at 12 because I was a "good boy" and thought it was what I should do. I had no idea what I was doing though.

I started questioning things at 18 or 19, but regressed until last year. Some issues a teen in my hall was having who I mentor got me thinking again. The birth of my child brought on more self-reflection and I knew I had reservations about feeding some fishy info to my kids, so I started lurking here during my wife's pregnancy.

I hope to be out within a couple years. Were I single, I would have left 6 months ago.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    MFer: You got baptized at 10???

Heck yeah! How else was I gonna get the kick-ass privilege of running a boom mic??

In my elder father's defense, he tried to get me to wait but I think the other elders were all for it since I "had it in my heart."

Infant baptism is ridiculous, though, right?

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon
    Infant baptism is ridiculous, though, right?

Infuriating, sir. You have to be approved by the Service Committee in order to get baptized. Which leads me to ask just what kind of lunatic would think it logical to allow a minor (and a very young minor at that) to make a committment to a global organization where if they stick with it are expected to give up their life for it, literally, or if they chose to leave are cut off from their family? This isn't madness, this is Watchtower!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit