Court case against the WT in Belgium - NEW For discrimination

by Nick! 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Nick!
    Nick!

Court case against the WT in Belgium

You may recall that sometime ago I posted an information about it.

Jacques Lejeune’s case, ex JW, who had won an appeal against the adverse second level judgment, will be heard for the last time in front of the Mons court on October 18 th .

This case is emblematic as it is the first time that the violation of human right against the WT will be heard.

Jacques is determined to go to the European Court of Human Rights if this last case will end up in favor of the WT.

Whoever wants to join me in attending the trial in support of Jacques is welcome.
    Believe that Jacques deserves this support.

The case will be heard on October 18 th at 2 p.m. and is planned to last 4 hours.
    Both Jacques and the WT have already presented their memorandum which is available online on my website, but in French only. These are several hundred pages long !!!

Waiting to hear from anyone who wants to join me.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

NICK - what is your website?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Is there any way of obtaining an English translation. Would Google translator be enough to read a rough version?

Depending on how the EC High Court tends to rule, this could be wonderful or bad news. Let us hope for great news. Obviously, I am American. If the EC rules, what is the precedent on individual countries?

It seems that almost every European country has such an action pending. Oh, what is the cause of action here? The JWs discriminated illegally by ..............

Thanks.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Band on the Run - Is there any way of obtaining an English translation. Would Google translator be enough to read a rough version?

FYI, I use the following link for free internet translations: http://www.freetranslation.com/. It seems to work pretty good as long as no slang is used and correct punctuation and grammer is used.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• Nick!
  • Nick!
    Nick!

As I said, the documentation (court memorandum of the WT and of Jacques Lejeune) can be found on my website.

My website is basically in Italian, with a very small section in English and a small one in French. The documentation being in French, can be found in the French section.

This is the direct link to the Court Case --> http://www.testimoni-di-geova.info/spip.php?rubrique103
    and this is the direct link to the Court documentation --> http://www.testimoni-di-geova.info/spip.php?article106

Yes, the case has been filed because Jacques accuses the WT to have used discriminatory actions against him, violating the Human Rights.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I'm sorry but my family insists that law school made me a detail zombie. How did they violate his rights? Disfellowshipping - an org. can decide who can be a member. Family trouble. Undue pressure and overreaching. Blood doctrine. My specialty is separation of church and state in America. The bad news is that the very Roman Catholic conservative court has changed the direction of law to shocking increasing of govtl. involvement and endorsement in religion. The background legitimacy is that since we were founded primarily by religion dissidents, religion is hallowed here. Religion vs. an indidivdual - religion tends to win. Europe, also a bastion of civil rights and civil liberties, has a very different view.

When I read about Idi Amin or some coup d'etat in a wild African country suppressing rights, I feel the Witnesses are right.

My racism and cultural isolation leads me to believe that if France, Germany, Belgium, Italy, even Russia to a much lesser extent, the Witnesses are a serious threat. Freedom was first enshrined in the Magna Carta, not an American document. Americans pretend as though history as not marched on since 1789, the ratification date, and publilcation of the Federalist Papers. Basic concepts work in these Western democracies. The details can be markedly different. Nowhere does the Bible mention the U.S. Const'n and that it is the only way.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I wish there was some kind of petition we could all sign against the WTB$!!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Not able to be there -- I live in California -- but I hope you share your observations with us after you go.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Thanks! ou merci pour l'information!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit