Court case against the WT in Belgium - NEW For discrimination

by Nick! 38 Replies latest jw friends

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

In Brazil is happening the same. Search for SEBASTIÃO RAMOS and use google translation.

• fokyc
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Oui, merci beaucoup pour la information? Ten years of serious study and that is my best.

• Gayle
    Gayle

At least in Belgium, JWs decreasing. 2010, reported 23,724 pubs. Five years ago, 24,749 pubs. Though in 5 yrs, 2,342 baptized.

• steve2
    steve2
    I wish there was some kind of petition we could all sign against the WTB$!!

Perfect. The Watchtower desperately needs people like you to persecute the JWs so they can redouble their flagging faith and strengthen their commitment.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am relatively new here. Has anyone tried a sophisticated pr campaign targetted to public officials and the media. If it were the US, I could think of at least six committees that would share jurisdiction. People signing petitions are considered meaningless. Individual letters that tell a compelling, personal story briefly impress a lot.

When I was in law school and ever since, Medicaid funding of abortion has been problematic. The women set up a table at the main entrance, complete with stamps, envelopes, addresses, and a rough outline. Maybe three people did not stop and write a personal letter. A computer must pick up key words now but some would be read. I think JW horror stories, even without any passion, are compelling. It won't work miracles but it might move the agenda up a bit. Few people care enough to write their own letters.

Some European country must be more likely than others to find that members have rights against religion. Europe could be a springboard to the US, which will always be almost impossible.

One page, a page and a half. Appendix attached if necessary. The people here know all about protesting the WT more than I do. Just a thought.

• shepherd
  • Diest
    Diest

Band that is a good thought. Post it as its own topic so it can get the traffic it needs to succede.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Band on the Run - Has anyone tried a sophisticated pr campaign targetted to public officials and the media. If it were the US, I could think of at least six committees that would share jurisdiction.

Hi Band on the Run, I agree with Diest about posting a list of USA committees and news organizations to address letters to. I have been wondering with the current sentiment in government to find new sources of tax revenue, if the IRS should be authorized to evaluate new criteria for charitable organizations to determine whether those organizations do good or harm to society by being a cult. It would be nice if the USA government could change the tax code before the WTBTS' properties in Brooklyn are rezoned as residential property and sold for $1 billon(s). I believe that France is trying to tax the WTBTS, also because the French view the WTBTS as a harmful cult.

I wonder if Lisa Myers and Richard Greenberg would like to know about Mr Steven Unthank's lawsuit against the WTBTS that Barb Anderson wrote about in http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/child-abuse/213724/1/Victoria-Australia-Steven-Unthanks-Press-Release-JWs-Hierarchy-Formally-Charged-Today-With-Child-Abuse. Mr Steven Unthank's lawsuit will be heard in the Latrobe Valley Magistrates' Court in Australlia on 13 Sept 2011 at 09:30 AM (https://dailylists.magistratesvic.com.au/search-court-lists/search-results.aspx?id=19679315&type=Criminal). Lisa Myers and Richard Greenberg reported the follwoing NBC News Investigates report in November 2007:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLAC9kS_EqM

or you can read the news report transcript at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21917798/.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• Nick!
    Nick!

To answer one of the questions asked, reading through the court documentation and after having personally discussed the case with Jacques himself, the issue is not about the disfellowshipping itself, which any religious and non-religious organization can practice, but about the ostracism taught and imposed by the WT on its members, ostracism or discrimination which goes against Human Rights.

In Europe, the question of Human Rights is taken very seriously.

In this case, the articles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights violated by the WT are, in particular, the following:

Article 18.

· Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.

Article 19.

· Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

In reality, if one examines thoroughly the internal regulations, practices and teachings of the WT in the light the Charter of the Human Rights one would immediately discover that the WT violates at least 10 of the 30 articles of the Charter.

Roberto.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit