How did you tell your mate that .....

by stuckinamovement 41 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

You no longer believed that the Watchtower Organization was the truth, and that you were no longer going to go to the meetings or service?

and a followup question... What was the response?

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Hi, are you married, and do you have children?

Paula

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I had this conversation with my wife when I was still supremely ignorant about WT.

I basically said that 'something doesn't add up' and I'm committed to knowing what the TRUTH actually is. I told her that I owe it to myself and to my children to make sure this organization is everything they say they are.

I could have lost my wife by being this honest, so early on. Why? JWs have been trained for decades on how to deal with those who are disloyal.

Proceed with caution. Both of my brothers lost their wives over this. It happens every day.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Yes I am married with young kids. My wife is well aware of my misgivings about the org and she actually is looking at jumping ship also. She wants to give it more time to see if "Jehovah will step in and correct the corrupted organization." I know that is not going to happen and am tired of pretending to believe something that is false. I am ready to jump. She is not going to leave me over this.

However I don't know what her reaction will be when I tell her "I'm Done"

Siam

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Im very glad youve woken up, great news.

Very reassuring that she wont leave you. Did she actually SAY that?

She called the organisation corrupted and thats very telling.................tell her that you cannot and will not, in all good conscience, be a member of a corrupted organisation.

Some men have used the headship principle to their advantage in this situation.

Your kids are your priority, protect them.

If your wife is having doubts, how about you read "Crisis of Conscience" together?

Wishing you all the very best.

Paula x

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

She knows that it's crap. In fact she helped me write my letter to the Governing Body. She is falling back on that old "where else do we go". I have told her that if I was on a sinking ship I wouldn't wait for a rescue boat to appear before I jumped off.

She just is more hesitant to take action because of the lack of a landing place. I know she will probably continue to attend for a while after I stop. There will be tremendous pressure on her by the congregation, and I know that it is hard taking the kids to the meeting by herself. I don't want her to get to feel like I am the enemy because I am not being supportive.

SIAM

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Please tell us a bit more about her family. Are they all JWs? If so, she could lose them all.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

@LWT She has extended family that are witnesses but in her immediate family out of 6 people only one person is still a witness, and she is not tremendously close to that person. We live quite a distance away from her family.

Her family is not a factor. However all of our freinds are. She is beginning to see that most of our friends are simply acquaintances.

SIAM

• Ding
    Ding
    She is falling back on that old "where else do we go".

Why do you have to go some other organization just because you leave the WT?

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

It's sad realizing all your good "friends" were simply acquaintances. Do you have any workmates that have children you can get to know better? Sometimes it's easier to leave if you have a good social network already in place. As a stay at home Mom, I can tell you it stinks not having any friends anymore!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit