My Wife wants to allow a Sister from her congregation to provide before and after care for my oldest daughter...

by garyneal 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    The decision was made a few days ago, we're going with the center. I personally believe she (daughter) needs that so that she can socialize with a larger variety of people.

Good call Gary.

I think I managed to get through to my son that critical thinking skills for our kids are more important than our own beliefs. So what if they come to conclusions that we don't like? We have to deal with that. Not them. We should consider their ideas without bullying them into our beliefs, like it, or not. Progress is in their thoughts, not ours. We'll be gone in a few years.

Chris

• garyneal
    garyneal
    I think I managed to get through to my son that critical thinking skills for our kids are more important than our own beliefs. So what if they come to conclusions that we don't like? We have to deal with that. Not them. We should consider their ideas without bullying them into our beliefs, like it, or not. Progress is in their thoughts, not ours. We'll be gone in a few years.

You'll get no disagreement from me on that, Chris. I had another study with 'Brother Hero' this past Tuesday night and we went back and forth over the blood transfusion thing (I will post it later on its thread).

Later that night when I was putting my daughter to bed, I told her the story entitled, "The Emporer's New Clothes." After I finished the story, I explained to her what it meant (to me at least). Don't ever let anyone bully you or make you feel inferior because you do not see things the same way they do. If you do not understand something, don't be afraid to ask and don't accept someone else's opinion because they say you have to or say something's wrong with you if you don't, etc..

Yes, this applies to my beliefs as well. If I am always questioning them, why shouldn't she?

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

In my area before and after care are provided at a number of sites connected to my child's elementary school. One that stands out is the YMCA; kids get on the YMCA bus after school and then spend 2-4 hours swimming, playing, doing homework or napping.

Put your child with normal kids; even at 5 years old I've heard JW children speak of birthdays and X-Mas as "evil". Your kid will either be shunned by the JW kids, or start thinking like them...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit