"Every Knee" ??

by Perry 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

History will show that there is nothing more dangerous than a Bible literalist.

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

The deity of christ was a hard one. If you believe God can do or be anything then it makes sense. We serve a limitless God. So why do we put limitations on what God is capable of being or doing? peaceAll paulnotsaul

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

what about the really hot burrito?

• designs
    designs

Well look at this scenario you just presented- Jesus tosses Satan into the Lake of Fire. This is suppose to be some great feat for God to do, really! He's God so what's so great or difficult about giving the heave ho to a created entity. I mean does your god have difficulty running the entire Universe. Is there some danger of getting a royal hernia.

• Perry
    Perry

I'm not pointing out that when Jesus tosses Satan and his legions into the Lake of Fire, that it is difficult for God. Just getting my day off to a good start with the reminder that the battle is already won.

The deity of christ was a hard one. If you believe God can do or be anything then it makes sense

Excellent point paul. And, if God can't do anything, then he really isn't God. I have used this question when talking to a JW:

Could Jehovah have put some of his substance into the fleshly person of Jesus if he wanted to?

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

can god make a burrito so hot that he can't eat it?

can god create a stone so heavy he can't lift it?

• designs
    designs

Did God actually die for the human race or didn't he really die.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

To be fair, on the subject of the NWT inserting [other], I think that this scripture is relevant.. 1 Corinthians 15:27 >> New International Version (©1984) For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. New Living Translation (©2007) For the Scriptures say,"God has put all things under his authority." (Of course, when it says "all things are under his authority," that does not include God himself, who gave Christ his authority.) English Standard Version (©2001) For “God has put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when it says, “all things are put in subjection,” it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him. New American Standard Bible (©1995) For HE HAS PUT ALL THINGS IN SUBJECTION UNDER HIS FEET. But when He says,"All things are put in subjection," it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him. International Standard Version (©2008) for "God has put everything under his feet."Now when he says,"Everything has been put under him," this clearly excludes the one who put everything under him. GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995) Clearly, God has put everything under Christ's authority. When God says that everything has been put under Christ's authority, this clearly excludes God, since God has put everything under Christ's authority. King James Bible For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

• Perry
    Perry

He died. His soul/spirit was separated from the body. That is the definition of biblical death.

When God says that everything has been put under Christ's authority, this clearly excludes God, since God has put everything under Christ's authority. King James Bible For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

Speaking of God the Father here. I can't ignore all the other scriptures and magnify this one out of proportion in isolation.

• designs
    designs

The Christian god can be killed, ok.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit