"Every Knee" ??

by Perry 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Perry
    Perry

Isaiah 45:23 I have sworn by myself ... That unto me every knee shall bow

Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow

In all my days of regular pioneering, I never made this connection. This probably didn't make the Trinity brochure top scripture list either.

• Sulla
    Sulla

Keep reading, Perry, it gets worse. The NT made something of a habit of applying OT passages to Jesus, when the referent in the OT was YHWH. Pioneering didn't prepare you for that? Shocking!

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I am sure the WTS would have an "interesting" explanation backed by the unknown scholar to explain it...

• designs
    designs

Its a transference ceremony, the one time prince who became a king.

Now go and help feed the hungry and plant a tree.

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

Terry, good connection. At church today the epistle lesson was Romans 11: 1-2, 29-36. Something about verse 36 got me thinking. So I went home an read it in the NWT. They changed it! Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but read it for yourself to see how they changed it. KJV reads: For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen. The NWT reads: Because from him and by him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever. Amen. What do you think? peacetoall paulnotsaul

• Ding
    Ding

Perry,

Walter Martin mentioned that connection in his tape on the Trinity.

There are a lot of similar references there.

• moshe
    moshe

There is probably more cussing in Jesus' name than there is knee bowing.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Isaiah 45:23 I have sworn by myself ... That unto me every knee shall bow
    Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow
    In all my days of regular pioneering, I never made this connection. This probably didn't make the Trinity brochure top scripture list either.

Keep making connections. We all have a long way to go. Fortunately... connections is a specialty of the biological neural network.

- Lime

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

Perry, I just realized I called you Terry. Sorry bro. peaceall paulnotsaul

• Perry
    Perry

I'm used to it .... more so verbally though. I get called :

Larry

Jerry

Terry

Barry

Gary

Cary

Harry

Kerry

BTTT- I put together some charts regarding changed scriptures under "doctrines" here. You might enjoy it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit