"Every Knee" ??

by Perry 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

Thanks perry. Bookmarked it. peace paulnotsaul

• tec
    tec

Well for me, since everything - all power and authority - was given to Christ by His Father, then any scripture that referred to God alone, would now also refer to Christ. At least until such a time as Christ hands everything back to His Father.

I don't want to get into a trinity debate though. Just wanted to offer another thought on the topic.

Peace to you,

Tammy

• Tyre
    Tyre

Yes, I agreed with Sulla, The NT made something of a habit of applying OT passages to Jesus, when the referent in the OT was YHWH.

That's why NWT added words "[other]" in Colossians 1:16-17

• Perry
    Perry

Here's another connection that pioneering didn't prepare me for:

JEHOVAH BLED FOR US

Zech 12: 9,10 (Jehovah is speaking)

KJV - and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him

NASB - so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him

NIV - They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him

NWT (Fred Franz) - they will certainly look to the One whom they pierced through, and they will certainly wail over Him

Acts 20: 28 (The Christian God bleeds)

KJV - feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood

NASB - shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood

NIV - Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood

NWT (Fred Franz) - shepherd the congregation of God, which he purchased with the blood of his own [Son]

That's why NWT added words "[other]" in Colossians 1:16-17

And its also why Fred Franz added the word [Son] in the scripture above. The NT God speaks of Jesus as God numerous times. - Same substance, just one God.

And he (Jesus) came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up for to read. 17And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 18The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. 20And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

There is just one God here.

• designs
    designs

God can't bleed.

• Perry
    Perry

Oh he bled alright, plenty. To say God can't bled is to say that God isn't almighty which is a contradiction. He can bleed if he wants to, he is God. And as such, he was worshipped when he was in the flesh and walked among us.

Matthew 2:1 ... for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

Matthew 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.

Matthew 9:18 While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.

Matthew 14:32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.
    33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Matthew 15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

Matthew 20:20 Then came to him the mother of Zebedee's children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him.

Matthew 28:9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.

Matthew 28:16 Then the eleven disciples, ....they worshipped him

Hebrews 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

• designs
    designs

See the problemo with the Christian God is that a puny Roman solder was able to easily kill him.

Even Perseus gave a better showing.

• Perry
    Perry

We'll see how puny he is on the day Satan is cast into the Lake of Fire. Ahhhh, I can smell the sulphur now.

Smells like victory.

• designs
    designs

Perry in LaLa Land.....

• Perry
    Perry

La lala, la la la la !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit