Angels are taking the lead in the preaching work

by mankkeli 35 Replies latest jw friends

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

Consider one experience in which two Kingdom publishers were accompanied by a small child. At the end of the morning, the two Witnesses were about to stop their preaching work, but the child was unusually eager to go to the next home. In fact, he went by himself and knocked on the door! When a young lady opened the door, the two adult Witnesses approached to talk to her. To their surprise, the woman explained that she had just been praying for someone to call on her to help her understand the Bible. A Bible study was arranged!

As a member of the Christian congregation, you have the privilege of working along with the angels as the modern-day preaching work takes place on an unprecedented scale. Never take that privilege for granted. By persevering in your efforts, you will find great joy as you continue to declare “the good news about Jesus.”—Acts 8:35.

These thoughts would be included in my talk on sunday. But freely share your views on it - household of dissidents.
  • Smoky
    Smoky

im felling sick

• mummatron
    mummatron

[Sorry, I'm in a particularly sarcastic mood tonight, so I'm afraid this comment comes direct from the Household of Dissidents.]

How convenient! So she wasn't curtain-twitching and coming over all enthusiastic for the benefit of the kid now was she?

• carla
    carla

Isn't this quite old in dubland? Besides I think it was stolen and re-worded to fit jw's from a Christian sermon or maybe one of the Chicken Soup for the Soul books? Readers Digest? at any rate I know I heard something very similar when I was a kid and I was never a jw, never will be either.

• talesin
    talesin

Urban Myth

An urban legend, urban myth, urban tale, or contemporary legend, is a form of modern folklore consisting of stories usually believed by their tellers to be true. As with all folklore and mythology, the designation suggests nothing about the story's veracity, but merely that it is in circulation, exhibits variation over time, and carries some significance that motivates the community in preserving and propagating it.

t

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Angels suck at making new JWs. Going from memory here, aren't there supposedly at least a hundred million angels? (Myriads on myraids?)

How many are assigned to help JWs? I would hope a lot, maybe 50% if we truly are in the last days. So if there are 50 million angels helping out the JWs, that means that each JW has 7 angels at the ready to help them out. How many JWs recruit a new JW each year? Probably none. So seven angels can't even make a convert each year?

If angels were smart, they would commandeer the airwaves and spread the message of destruction that Jah has in store. Then the word would be out once and for all.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

this has definitely been used by the JW's for over 20 years.... it's a classic...

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

That quote is from a recent KM or WT, maybe the OP can reference the exact edition.

• sir82
    sir82

The angels are getting increasingly incompetent, or lazy, or both.

The number of hours of preaching required to lead to one new baptism keeps spiraling upward.

1.5 billion hours for around 300,000 baptisms - that's like 5000 hours per baptism.

The number of hours per baptism was much much MUCH smaller in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's....

I think Jehovah needs to get on the ball and have a staff meeting to talk about "productivity".

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

You Sir, need a slap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit